Question of the Day - Tuesday, May 12

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Corn on the cob. I love it, but drenched in butter so It makes a mess of my hands and face and of course immediately after eating it I have to go floss my teeth. There is just no graceful way to eat it...you just gotta mow down.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is just no graceful way to eat it
I was eating dinner at my cousin's house and they cut the corn on the cob in half! I love eating it this way, much more graceful!

I agree about fresh artichokes. I just couldn't figure them out. I have to use the kind in a jar. I couldn't figure out pomegranates either, it seems to be just juice and seeds!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Crab and lobster. They're such a PITA to crack and take apart and pull out the meat in all those nooks and crannies.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pomegranates for sure! We used to have nights in college where all of us roomies just sat around watching anime and picking the...er...what do you call them? Idk, bubbles?...out. (As you can imagine, I was a very fun person in college)

Also Chickpeas. if you're getting the dried kind (I order them from iHerb to be shipped to Korea) you have to soak them, cook them, and peel them.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Martha Stewart holds a halved pomegranate over a bowl and whacks away with a big spoon to get the arils to come out 😮 I've heard of holding a halved pomegranate in a bowl full of water and prying out the arils that way with less mess.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The seeds have a thin layer of fruit on them. You suck/chew the fruit off the seeds, then you can either swallow them or spit them out. Can't say I'm a fan of pomegranates.

With artichokes, you scrape the outer leaves against your teeth to get what's inside them (best if dipped in butter), then eventually you get to the heart (the part that comes in jars) and can eat the whole thing. It's a process, lol. It's been ages since I had a fresh artichoke.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaghetti Bolognese. Went out on a first date with a lady I wanted to impress, restaurant then movies.
Silly me I wore a white shirt and spent the rest of the night with tomato red spatters all over me from the spaghetti slopping about.
I was embarrassed all night and have never eaten it since. :paperbag:
Otherwise if it doesnt move I will eat it.