Question Of The Day - Tuesday, March 5

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My age.

They say, you can ask a woman just about anything, but never her age.
LOL.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My weight and/or clothing size. My BMI is well within normal range (20.2), but some relatives and friends underestimate it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been a vegetarian almost my entire life. The most annoying questions I have ever gotten was around Thanksgiving time ''If you don't eat meat what do you eat for Thanksgiving?"
Oh, I used to get that all the time, but it was "What do you eat for Christmas dinner?"

I also used to get asked "Why don't you have any children?" quite a lot too.

:rolleyes3:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
When strangers ask me why I use a walker. They usually say "You look too young to need one or something of that nature." I am self-conscious of it anyway and having someone point it out gets me down.

And why didn't I ever have children. Goodness, what a rude and personal question.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Rosemary, and it annoys the heck out of me when people ask, "Is that one word or two?" How many people are there named Rose Mary?

It annoys me even more if they call me "Ro."
Actually, there was an actress on the old ' Dick van Dyke' show named Rose Marie, and it was pronounced like 'Rose Mary'.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really don't get annoying questions asked to me. of course, i also don't have overly much social interactions either.

i do get occasionally/rarely questions about my tattoos, but that doesn't bother me.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes to those personal questions about why you don't have children / aren't married or dating / / why don't you have a driver's license / etc. Why do people make it their business to pry into someone's personal life and decisions? :nono::bat:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
"OMG, what's that mark on your face?!"

I was in a car accident back in the mid-80s. Rolled my car end to end twice and was going for the third time when I hit the corner of a house. Despite not wearing a seat belt, I walked away from the accident (well, actually I crawled out the driver's side window) with glass embedded in my face. It left a scar. As I've gotten older, it's become more noticeable and now, you can really see it. At the dentist one time, the hygienist, who was new, said, "OMG, do you have skin cancer?" Um, no, it's a scar.....not that it's any of your blasted business. I suppose I could get it removed, but it's probably considered cosmetic, in which case the insurance wouldn't pay for it. I don't have that kind of money. And, to be honest, I notice it, but it doesn't really bother me. It's just there. As a reminder to slow down when I drive....not that I pay attention. :paperbag::paperbag:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I used to get that all the time, but it was "What do you eat for Christmas dinner?"

:rolleyes3:
Just tell them that you have 22 furry children :cloud9:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"No school today??" to my kids. It's not super annoying; just repetitive. ;) Although last week I got to tell the Oral Surgeon that my kids don't get snow days; they get sun days. ;) :D He thought that was pretty great. :lol: He's a very nice man. He just obviously doesn't remember they've been with me to other appointments. :p

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We waited a while to have kids so I got that enough. Then came the "when are you having another?" I got so I wanted to ask them if we could discuss their sex life too. :evilgrin:
"OMG, what's that mark on your face?!"
I used to get that because I had a good size mole on each cheek. (Thank's Dad/Gram) People would think I had something on my face; or worse, try to brush it off. :doh: I had them removed after DS was born because they grew during my pregnancies. One grew back but it's not brown now so no one has commented. :rolleyes:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, there was an actress on the old ' Dick van Dyke' show named Rose Marie, and it was pronounced like 'Rose Mary'.
Yes, I remember her. She had two silly barrettes in her hair. Other than her, I don't know anyone named Rose Mary.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You betcha, so long as you say it with love ;):thumbsup:
You have a deal:)

I'm surprised with all the personal questions people are saying they get asked. I have vision issues that are visible but I rarely get asked about it. I look stoned so people just figure that's what it is.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes to those personal questions about why you don't have children / aren't married or dating / / why don't you have a driver's license / etc. Why do people make it their business to pry into someone's personal life and decisions? :nono::bat:
Sometimes it's because people are just nosy little dorks. But sometimes I think people want to be blunt and ask questions but forget to add the nice part to make them sound less intrusive, more inquisitive (want to get to know you better because they think you're a good person), and less like a butt.
"Why don't you have kids" or "why aren't you dating/married" sounds pretty pushy and crappy and personal, but if they'd add "you'd be such a good dad or mom, you're great with little kids" or "you're such a nice person and nice looking, keep your high standards and find a good match for you" it might be less nosy sounding.
It also helps if they pull you aside to ask these personal things rather than blurt it out like a 2 year old with diarrhea of the mouth in front of 25 people.
Edit: Maybe asking why a person isn't married or isn't a parent would be nicer still if they weren't blunt at all and said something like "you know, I could see you being married to a nice person or being a good parent."

Northernangelnimya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
People ask me all the time “when is your boyfriend coming here?” (Because I have a long distance relationship) it’s so annoying because we don’t know when he’s moving here yet and I takes a while

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I'll be walking around the supermarket with a trolley piled high with cat food and someone will ask me,

"Oh, do you have a cat?"

:flail:
I'd just look at them and ask, "Why would you think that?" :lol:

I was shopping at Target once and I had 2 pails of Tidy Cats in the cart. The cashier asked, "How many cats DO you have?" Since when is 2 pails a lot? That's a light day for me. I only have 2 cats but they have 5 litter boxes so I keep a lot of litter around.