Question of the day: Tuesday, March 26

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am actually glad to hear your description about the feeling like you are floating down a tunnel.
Scary, right?! I have had that distorted visual perception too. It is either from being so tired or happens when I am having anxiety.

It was a bizarre feeling!!  It felt like it took forever to get to his room and my house is not that big!  I had a reaction to one of the 12 hour sudafed tablets before too.  It made me not be able to sleep.  
I just bought the 5 mg. today. I have the 3 mg. tabs and they don't work. Pharmacist says to try the 5 mg. 
Just a word of warning; I'm not sure if it's only for kids, but I've heard some people have moody outbursts on melatonin.  One little boy I know was on it to help him calm down and fall asleep in the evenings and he did; but he also would have outbursts out of nowhere sometimes.  His Mom did some reading and found that had been known to happen.  They stopped the melatonin and the outbursts stopped!  Poor kid!  

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty cool on the phone app! And, fan noise is also the perfect white noise for sleeping. I guess all of your cats must keep you from getting to bed!! :lol3:
Haha, you'd think! But not really, only if I get deeply involved in cleaning litterboxes or something. Only one cat is allowed in the bedroom, and she isn't pesty. Just, oh, computer time, TV time, getting involved in some project. . .I'm just a procrastinator! :lol3:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was a bizarre feeling!!  It felt like it took forever to get to his room and my house is not that big!  I had a reaction to one of the 12 hour sudafed tablets before too.  It made me not be able to sleep.  

Just a word of warning; I'm not sure if it's only for kids, but I've heard some people have moody outbursts on melatonin.  One little boy I know was on it to help him calm down and fall asleep in the evenings and he did; but he also would have outbursts out of nowhere sometimes.  His Mom did some reading and found that had been known to happen.  They stopped the melatonin and the outbursts stopped!  Poor kid!  
I cut the tablet in half. In fact I am thinking of trying it cut into fourths. I feel a bit drugged when I wake up after taking one half tablet. It don't take any medicines on a daily basis. Anytime I do take something, it usually knocks me back, probably because I don't take stuff often.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Not suprisingly, I use quite a few yoga techniques... types of breathing, meditation etc

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is having trouble staying asleep at night - we've tried a bunch of things but there are useful suggestions here!

I have a couple of sleeping methods that work for me. I don't get into bed until I'm dropping off, so I almost always fall asleep right away. Sometimes I'm still awake and doing things kind of late into the night (or early morning) but that solves the "falling asleep" issue for me. We also use the bed almost exclusively for sleep - no eating, studying, watching tv, etc. My body seems to be used to the idea of lying in bed = sleep only, so that works for me. (It's not enough for my husband though.)

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remember everybody, antihistamines will make you sleepy, decongestant will rev you up. That's why in a cold or allergy medicine it's always good to get one with BOTH, then you are on an even keel. Benadryl is an antihistamine that's why it makes you sleepy. Sudafed is a decongestant.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aromatherapy!  I have an Aura Cacia plug in diffuser. I put a few drops of lavender on the strip, & sometimes I add just a drop or two (because it's strong), of geranium as well. It's very nice!

Reading a little before bed always helps too. I usually don't have a problem though. Just once &  while I will wake up in the middle of the night, & have a hard time getting back to sleep.

You can find the diffusers on amazon, or in a store that sells esential oils, like Whole Foods.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trazadone! Helps with my anxiety and helps me go to sleep and I don't wake up feeling drugged. Been a lifesaver for me.