Question Of The Day - Tuesday, March 12

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Hello! Happy Tuesday :clover:

So in honour of upcoming Saint Patrick's Day...let's enjoy some "Irish" names!

I am Clover O'Reilly :thumbsup:

How about you guys?

Also, as a little extra side Q, do you have any Irish blood in you? I myself am Half-Irish, my mom being from Ireland.

Happy Early St Patrick's Day Everyone!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clover O'Toole :thumbsup:
My grandmother and her family were Irish, so we have some Irish heritage, though they migrated to London during the Potato Famine so have been in England for quite a while!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am half Sicilian and the other half is a mix but mostly, African American, Native American, German, English, Scottish and Irish. I did not know about the Irish piece until I had my DNA done. I will give myself the Irish name of Kelly Rose O’Reilly

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tiny MacFeckit.
No Irish blood but my ex husband was born in Ireland. His mother had a saying that amused me. She used to say " May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Magic O'Really

Yep, I have Irish heritage. My paternal grandfather and my maternal grandparents were Irish. (My paternal grandma was Choctaw.) We can trace some of my father's side pretty well back to Scotland in the 1300s with legend claiming Pictish blood on that side, though. My mother's side has a bit of German and Scandinavian in it, according to some DNA test she got. I do not speak with my mother, but one of my sisters said that they think the Scandinavian and German DNA is likely traced back to Lowland Scotland. That makes sense because Germanic tribes interbred with the Celts. Still, three of my grandparents were either directly from Ireland or first-generation Irish-American.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name would be Dreamy O'Charming. My American ancestors go back 400 years, so I can't really claim to be Irish. But DNA did show Scotch-Irish, English, and Scandinavian background. I think the Scandinavian part is courtesy of the Vikings.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Magic O'Charming

Maternal grandpa was half Irish, with maybe a bit of other British Isles.