Question of the Day - Tuesday, June 14

smile123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also hawking, to get the mucus out of their throats some people hawk and then go patooe. Sorry no offense if you do that but it makes me squirm.
Snorting, expaecially in winter when there snot up people's noses. Shiver

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewing gum and snapping the gum.
Also - people who use the word "like" all the time.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The complaining of judgemental people who police other peoples' manners and noises. . .
:tongue2::lol3::anon: *ducks and runs for cover*

I probably annoy a lot of people. I have very little body awareness and frequently move awkwardly or hum without realizing it or whatever. So if I pop my knuckles, sorry, not doing it to annoy people. Just living in my body.

Hearing small children cry makes me veryvery nervous and on edge. Not because of the noise, but because I'm afraid their parents will hit them. And then I'll have a panic attack and that's really embarrassing. That's the only noise that bothers me that I can think of right now.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there are some mildly annoying sounds for me, many of which have already been mentioned. the absolute worst sound for me is my brother when he's driving, screaming and making rude gestures at other drivers who dare to not drive fast enough or some other such nonsense. i just wanna tell him to 'get over it' and be quiet.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
While I've never been "diagnosed" per se, I'm pretty sure I have misophonia. So, most sounds get to me. I get into a rage that nothing else gets me into (road rage has nothing on misophonia!). Chewing is the big one for me. I've had all-out fights - screaming and all - with people about it. I've not gone in to strangle people over it (I've actually heard of that) but damn, I sometimes want to smack people to make them stop! And people that chew gum or pop bubbles. Seriously, that needs to be outlawed in public places.

I absolutely HATE the sound that flip flops make. I also hate the sound of people cracking their knuckles. I wish it DID cause arthritis because then they might stop. :argh:
Ha, reminds me of a coworker. He absolutely HATES people walking around in flip-flops. Ironically, that one doesn't bother me quite as much.

smile123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also hate when people are talking loud at night. I try to sleep and these people are so loud I can hear them even thought the window is closed :argh:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand beeping noises and birds chirping. The sound of beeping trucks is all I hear from 7 am to 5:30 pm lately from the construction. I wake up to close the window as soon as the birds start chirping around 4:30 am every day.
@catlover19  , I thought of your post the past two mornings, I am on vacation and am taking note of one lone bird that will sleepily make the first chirp, then the next and the next, and the next until the bird symphony is very, very loud. 
  It is kind of amazing, but also, so loud that it is INDEED a disturbance!