Question of the Day - Tuesday, July 30th

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never. l do everything either online or through email. l even pay my rent via eTransfer.

l do still have an old cheque book just in case. The date says  _______________19__   

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quite often. I don't do online banking. I have several bills that get paid by check each month. Mostly we pay by one credit card and pay that bill by check at the end of the month when it comes.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess I'm "old school" but I don't do on line banking. Write checks for bills as soon as I get them. I'm still very leary of on line banking.
I always tell people who don't trust online banking---your bank does everything online already, it doesn't matter what you do :tongue2:. But it's good that some people still mail things :lol3:.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 3 per month. Phone and electric are still checks as I am still gun shy when one auto-deduct acccount screwed my account balance up royally. :smash:

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to laugh.  At the store today I was behind...a guy writing a check! 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always tell people who don't trust online banking---your bank does everything online already, it doesn't matter what you do
. But it's good that some people still mail things
Good point!  My Mom and step-dad refuse to get debit cards and really do not like doing any shopping online let alone banking!  A few months back my poor mother, who hates conflict, about had it out with her bank because they'd read my step-dad's writing as a 7 instead of a 1 on a check.  It made a BIG difference.  Fortunately they were able to pull up a scanned copy of the check and prove that he had in fact written a 1.  Then they wanted to charge her for pulling it up!  She said it took one click of the mouse.  ONE.  She just told them to be glad it was her there and not my step-dad. 
  They didn't charge her.  After nearly 20 years of marriage; I think he's rubbing off on her! 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to laugh.  At the store today I was behind...a guy writing a check! 
At Walmart all you have to do is hand them a blank check, the machine scans the account number, fills out the check, you sign on the e-pad, and they give you the filled-out check back with your receipt.