Question of the Day - Tuesday, July 26

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings to all my lovelies on here! Happy Tuesday!

I likely asked a similar question some time ago, but it is always a good one to bring back here and there:

What Mysterious Unsolved Crime(s) would you want the answer to?

Gosh there are so many to list!

The Isdal Woman - A charred body of a unidentified woman was found in The Ice Valley in Norway in 1970. Autopsy results showed she was alive as she burned. Couple days later they found suitcases belonging to the woman that contained different currencies, wigs, makeup, timetables, sunglasses etc She has travelled and checked in at various hotels across Europe, seeming guarded and speaking different languages, using at least 8 different passports and aliases. Her identity is still unknown. A spy? Mental Illness? Trying to get away from a personal domestic situation? Suicide as originally suggested? In any case I do believe she was murdered.

The Tylenol Murders - 7 people were killed due to drug tampering in 1982. The capsules were laced with cyanide. Several more people died due to copycat murders. Culprit is still unknown to this day and no one has been directly charged for this crime. Reason why we have such strong tamper resisting packaging to this day! Which I do appreciate.

Thames Torso Murders - At the same time that Jack the Ripper was around, there was a second serial killer out and about murdering women in London. These occurred 1887-1889. As the name suggests the killer dismembered their victims and leaving their torsos in various locations. Other body parts would also be mutilated or missing. Only one victim was identified, and unfortunately these crimes were greatly overshadowed by Jack the Ripper fame. There was speculation that Jack and Thames were one in the same, but the modus operandi is considered too different.

The Texas Killing Fields - Since the 1970's, 30 bodies have been found in this 80 Kilometer patch of land in League City, Texas. Likely the work of multiple serial killers; some of the murders were solved while the rest were not. In addition to the discovered victims, there are a few missing girls that have yet to be found associated with the location. Most recent murder is from 2006.

Just some to get started for now! There is also plenty of eerie missing persons cases as well.

salem-cat.gif

(RIP respectively to all victims of murder, solved and unsolved but with justice deserved, you are honoured and valued 🌹 )

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to know if Frank Morris, John Anglin and Clarence Anglin really made it out and survived their escape from Alcatraz....I know they were criminals...but to be honest, I kinda hope they did.
The Jon Benet Ramsey Murder
Who was Jack the Ripper?

There are many more I'm sure...I watch a lot of documentaries on famous serial killers and unsolved mysteries and the like but these are the first ones that popped into my head.

Edit...I decided to google the Jon Benet murder...apparently some man named Gary Oliva confessed but it was dismissed?

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I decided to google the Jon Benet murder...apparently some man named Gary Oliva confessed but it was dismissed?
It's my understanding the case is still open. I remember when this happened and it always struck a nerve since my children were close in age at the time. I heard on the news that the Boulder police were inexperienced and, therefore, mishandled the crime scene.

They just came on today and mentioned that with the enhanced DNA testing they have now they may come up with something.
I hope this new method of DNA testing reveals some long awaited information.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My father and I were just talking about this. He had a friend whose daughter was kidnapped and murdered when we were kids. I have vague memories of playing with her at a BBQ and we were close in age. They found her belongings and even had someone confess to the murder; but they never found her remains.

I'd like to know what really happened to Charles Lindbergh's son. Who REALLY killed him?
I would love to know if Frank Morris, John Anglin and Clarence Anglin really made it out and survived their escape from Alcatraz....I know they were criminals...but to be honest, I kinda hope they did.
DH was just watching a documentary a few days ago about this. They were using some kind of fascial recognition software to prove they escaped to South America or something like that. I wasn't giving it my full attention. I think thats one that gets more attention if it stays unsolved. Sort of like Amelia Erhardt. If they find her and the mystery is over; will it stay such a legend?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just watched a show about that one. My personal opinion, as cliché as it sounds...I think it was Charles Lindbergh who did it.
I heard that’s a theory. That it was a prank gone wrong.

Isnt there another old kidnapping case with a famous person but the child was never found? I remember wondering if all these DNA tests today would solve some mysteries about things like this.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to know what happened to the 3 missing women from Springfield,MO.Actually,I'd love for that mystery to be completely solved and whoever brought to justice.It's been long enough!Oh there are many others that some have mentioned,too.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch a lot of true crime stuff on YouTube and there are a few cases that really bother me because there is no answer.

Missy Bevers - this one is just plain creepy because of the video footage of the killer in riot gear before Missy Bevers arrived to the church where she was killed.
Delphi murders - Again this one is creepy because the two girls murdered caught their killer on camera, but nobody knows for sure who he is.
Jordan Brown - He was convicted of killing his stepmom when he was 11 years old, but there is no way he did it.

These are missing persons cases that I would love to know the answer to: Maura Murray, Lars Mittank,
These are cases where people died under mysterious circumstances, but no real investigation was ever performed: Ellen Rae Greenberg, Phoebe Handsjuk

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have many, but Jon Benet and JFK would be the ones I'd want to know first. And Kendrick Johnson, the teenager who was likely murdered in Valdosta, Georgia. He was found in a rolled up gym mat at his high school. There are too many suspicious circumstances surrounding his death for me to believe it was an accident.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1, Jack the Ripper
2.Isdal Woman
3.Jon Benet Ramsey
4.Joan Risch (disappearance)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat