Question Of The Day - Tuesday, July 25

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello everyone! Can you believe it? It is already the last Tuesday of July!

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuun!

Where in your home country would you like to visit someday? That you haven't seen yet?

State/Province/Region/Landmark/Sites/Cities etc etc it's all good!

I have been to the maritimes already (Lived in Nova Scotia/Cape Breton and visited P.E.I and New Brunswick) but would like to see Newfoundland. Interesting and of course the scenery. L'Anse aux Meadows in particular would intrigue me.

Also, I have never been out west before, so I feel like I'm due! So a province like B.C, the national parks look divine.

And last but not least, Yukon. History, legends, ghost stories sound dandy to me! and again seeing what the north looks like.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It would most definitely be Kings Canyon National Park and the Redwood Forest, both in Northern CA.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
In Pennsylvania I would like to go to Hershey and Hershey Park (they say the city smells like chocolate). And also to Gettysburg at Halloween time. In the whole USA I would like to take a New England cruise (if there is such a thing) And travel up all the New England states and eat seafood. Crab in Baltimore is to die for, lobster in Maine, and everything in between yum!! Also I would like to go to New Orleans and try the crawfish, and then go to Texas and get real Texas BBQ, and then maybe like New Mexico and I want real authentic southwest food and Mexican food, especially tamales.

I basically just want to eat food. And see ghosts at Gettysburg

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've traveled through all the Western states but somehow I've never seen the Grand Canyon.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It would most definitely be Kings Canyon National Park and the Redwood Forest, both in Northern CA.
That area is pretty. Lots of little fun back roads and curio stops.

I've traveled through all the Western states but somehow I've never seen the Grand Canyon.
Grand Canyon in the winter is the absolute best. I went one year in winter instead of summer and I refuse to go in the summer anymore. Its cold which I prefer to the blazing hot. There are so many less tourists wandering around so you can really take your time. And, if it is snowing, the white plays so nicely off the canyon. Fewer programs and such going on which is a little bit of a let down but when you go in the summer sometimes you feel like you can't even see through the people.

My family camped a lot when I was a kid do I have seen most of the states west of the Mississippi at some point (although no Oregon or Washington somehow). I think I would just want to see the states I haven't which is mostly East of the Mississippi. I did go to North Carolina once and it was really nice (at least what I did see).

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hawaii, Grand Canyon, and the areas around where the Pueblo Indians and such lived.. (The mid-west?) Think it would be really cool, and beautiful.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hawaii, Grand Canyon, and the areas around where the Pueblo Indians and such lived.. (The mid-west?) Think it would be really cool, and beautiful.
Oh! We did a driving trip through Navajo country up to Four Corners, the Colorado cliff pueblos, down to Albuquerque. It was so much fun. There is a little reconstructed town in Aztec where you can go into some of the old buildings. Window Rock is a good stop too. We always go to non-chain places for food and try new things. Which in that area seemed to be a lot of lamb. If you go off season (we went in March) the people selling pottery and such sell at lower prices than tourist season. I got the pot below for $30.

IMG_0287.JPG
IMG_0291.JPG
FB_IMG_1501020663335.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
In the UK I'd like to visit Edinburgh. My parents went there on their honeymoon, romantic eh?

:lol2:

But I'm not likely to be leaving Japan in the foreseeable future, so the place I'd like to visit here is Yakushima. It's an island with really old trees, some of them over 7,000 years old. You have to hike into the forest to see the oldest trees as there are no roads there.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such exciting places you all have mentioned! I'd like to see the Grand Canyon and New Orleans. I was born in NO, but was moved away as an infant, so I've never really "seen" it. I would also like to drive or cruise the Natchez Trace and see the antebellum plantations there.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hawaii for sure. Alaska- maybe in the summer. No way in the winter. NOLA, California wine country

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Alaska, Washington State Wine Country and probably more of California

In the whole USA I would like to take a New England cruise (if there is such a thing)
There is definitely such a thing. :agree:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In the UK I'd like to visit Edinburgh. My parents went there on their honeymoon, romantic eh?

But I'm not likely to be leaving Japan in the foreseeable future, so the place I'd like to visit here is Yakushima. It's an island with really old trees, some of them over 7,000 years old. You have to hike into the forest to see the oldest trees as there are no roads there.

:loveeyes: My DH would LOVE to explore there!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been fortunate to have been able to see most of the contiguous United States. Alaska and New England are still on my bucket list. And I'd love to go back to the Great Smokies. I much prefer them to the Rockies. There are a lot of state and national parks I'd like to visit, too. It seems I can't even get around to seeing all of Texas, my home state. Oh, my itchy feet and small pocketbook!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

:yeah: I'd love to go to Edinburgh too. I don't think there's anywhere else I'd specially like to go in the UK...though I used to daydream about taking Collie to Exmoor for a holiday - just something about the idea of riding an Exmmor pony in their traditional surroundings :cloud9: Most of the wild herds in the country are still based there, too.