Question Of The Day- Tuesday, July 23

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people said cows. . .my neighbors cows go off every evening (feeding time, maybe?) and that is a freaky sound, especially in the winter when it's dark. Not sure I like that.

I like to listen to the coyotes yipping at night, and the frogs ribbiting. A happy dog's heh heh heh is nice to hear. A cat's prrrow noise. Elk bugle sounds cool---sort of on a different wavelength or something. And I heard a wren the other day, that was nice.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we had chickens, I loved the noises they would make when they woke up in the morning, like they had a true joy for life. :)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For anyone not familiar with my beloved Sandhill Cranes. We often see them wandering the neighborhood just like in this video. They are protected here. They meander along just like this and do NOT care one bit if they get in anyone's way. They take their time and too bad if you don't like it. No one cares. They are such cool birds.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After getting knocked sideways from memories of the Caracals
my favorite sound is the sound of the Lorikeets, 20 or 30 of them that roost in a tree just outside my patio door. At predawn they chatter quietly amongst themselves as they wake up and get ready for the new day.
Such a calming sound.
But later in the day the noise is incredible..lol

rainbow-lorikeet-334204__340.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
After getting knocked sideways from memories of the Caracals
my favorite sound is the sound of the Lorikeets, 20 or 30 of them that roost in a tree just outside my patio door. At predawn they chatter quietly amongst themselves as they wake up and get ready for the new day.
Such a calming sound.
But later in the day the noise is incredible..lol

View attachment 293693
They are so beautiful!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Woodpeckers
Squirrels talking and bickering
Cicadas
Morning doves
Frogs
My girls when they're sleeping. The Vincie girl makes little cooing sounds and Cal snores.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woodpeckers
Squirrels talking and bickering
Cicadas
Morning doves
Frogs
My girls when they're sleeping. The Vincie girl makes little cooing sounds and Cal snores.
I also like the sounds of squirrels, morning doves, and frogs. I have two woodpeckers in my yard but I don't know what kind of sound they make.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have two woodpeckers in my yard but I don't know what kind of sound they make.
It's kind of a pecking sound and it sounds a bit hollow. I hear mine in early spring but don't hear them after that.