Question Of The Day- Tuesday, July 23

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone! Greetings on this fine Tuesday!

Favourite animal noises?

For the most obvious one....kitty sounds of course :biggrin: adults and babies alike.

I also really love the sound of Loons, Chickadees, Whales and Owls.

Hard to ignore the Caracals too....

I'm sure I am missing others but it's a start!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat's purrs without a doubt! I also really like the sound of crickets in the summer as it always reminds me of holidays since we don't have them here in England to that extent. There's something so peaceful about being outside at night in a Mediterranean country with the sound of the crickets in the background.

Aico & Nacho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A cat purring is my number one, but I also like the sounds of tree frogs and crickets chirping during the summer. I don't hear crickets so much here, but when I visited family in the US I found the sounds delightful.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats of course
Owls hooting in the middle of the night
Frogs after a good rain
Crickets at night
Birds chirping
Sandhill Cranes. I just love them. They are gorgeous and while some people might dislike their calls, I love hearing it because I know they are nearby and if I am lucky, I will get to see them.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty chirps. Chickadee calls: too-wee, too-wee. Cardinals: cheer-up, cheer-up.

In Atlanta, I could tell how hot the day was going to be by when the crickets starting chirping. The earlier they started, the hotter the day. And down there, they make a racket.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Serenades by songbirds... especially mockingbirds. :thumbsup:

Elephant trumpets... just watched a movie last night with elephants in it, and I dig that sound, LOL. :wave3:

The barking of sea lions... in the island wildlife sanctuaries of Los Coronados, off the northern end of Baja. :cool2:

No, I'm not a traitor to my cats, but we communicate daily and these other sounds are more exotic, LOL. :flail:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loons. The sound reminds me of my childhood and summers spent camping.
Like me with mourning doves. I associate their call with visiting my grandmother. At the time, I lived in a city, but my grandmother lived in a wooded area, so I only ever heard the call at her place. I remember it being a bit eerie to hear in the early morning.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The elk bugle, birds singing, and the howl of a gray wolf take a close second to me to the sound of a happy, well fed contented little kitten purring and giving you soft little meows before they fall asleep. Best damn noise in the world.