Question Of The Day - Tuesday, July 18

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

How do you like your French Fries?

With ketchup, mustard, vinegar, gravy or other?

I favour with mayo. But if unavailable, I'll enjoy with alone with salt or dipped in a gravy sauce. Salt and pepper combo can be tasty too.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Salt for the most part.
I'm not adverse to ketchup (not catsup LOL) but usually save it if the fries aren't perfectly cooked to my liking.
I enjoy mayo mixed with Dijon mustard also but, that's just too decadent to eat regularly.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh and I forgot about cheese fries. My heart goes pitter patter just thinking about it. I lived on that my first year of college. And paid for it in pounds :flail:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Do sweet potato fries count? That's my favorite type of fries and I eat them plain, they're good all by themselves. :wink:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually with ketchup, since that's widely available. If malt vinegar is available I'll add that along with the ketchup, sometimes I'll add a little mustard, it all depends. If they're thick I like them with sour cream best.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Salt and ketchup. I put the ketchup on the side and dip the fries in it. Putting the ketchup on the fries makes them soggy.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cassiopea cassiopea , this is the happiest question you could ask! :cloud9:

Winchester Winchester , you took the words right out of my laptop with your second statement! :hellocomputer:

muffy muffy , those are my favorites and in that order!! :)

DreamerRose DreamerRose , you like the same and I am going to start saying/writing 'catsup' because how could I never use that spelling after all these years being a CAT LOVER??? :bluepaw:

I am enjoying so much all the postings and may I add, besides salt and catsup, I love tartar sauce and love when the fries are piping hot!!! My mom used to make fries from cut white potatoes and my father always peeled the potatoes for her. Well, my Dad, Ray, made my sister and I a few round smiley faces, complete with eyes and mouth to fry as a surprise for us! We were thrilled! My mother would say, "don't get near the stove because there is hot oil"! If only the frozen potato companies knew my Dad invented these little smileys.:think:

OK, the other suggestions are now definitely and deliciously on my list to try as I have never tried a sweet potato fry, gravy, vinegar, pepper, sour cream, cheese or mustard! :thanks::rock:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salt for the most part.
I'm not adverse to ketchup (not catsup LOL) but usually save it if the fries aren't perfectly cooked to my liking.
I enjoy mayo mixed with Dijon mustard also but, that's just too decadent to eat regularly.
Sorry! I had a brain freeze and couldn't remember how to spell ketchup. :(

I wondered when someone would mention cheese sauce on fries. The first time I saw that was about 25 years ago in Canada. I had never seen them before.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Catsup is actually the way I remember 'ketchup' being spelled for many years (in my younger days). I will be using 'catsup' from now on!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They MUST be crispy or they go in the trash. Soggy fries are the worst.

I like them with a little plain or garlic sea salt. I don't like ketchup. It overpowers the taste of pretty much everything it touches IMO. Crinkle fries are my favorite but I also love crispy tater tots. They are in the same family so they do count. :thumbsup:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ All of the above. Also good with tartar sauce with chopped pickle and cocktail sauce.
I shall now go and sizzle a potato.!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It depends on what I'm having them with. But some of my favorites are malt vinegar and salt, ketchup, brown gravy, ranch dressing and tartar sauce. Oddly, I want them with tartar sauce ONLY if I am eating fried shrimp, and I want the shrimp with ketchup!