Phryne "Sassy"
BatBat: "Oh she really does look like a little bat!"

TKqtHc.gif

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For Cocoabean: She's so beautiful!
For Googie: Wow. Just, wow! Look at those ears!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Goof: "Wow, he's.....friendly!" (He's incredibly non-shy and will solicit pets by sitting on any high surface, gazing at them, and sometimes reaching out and gently placing his paw on them.)
Sarah: "Well, Hello!" (She's quite the talker!)
Lila: "Tortie who?" (She runs and hides, and will come out eventually if the person is here long enough but remains quite aloof.)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kumal: he's so sweet
Onsa: she's weird
Samai: OUCH, do you have a bandage?
That reminds me of a friend when the late great Magnus swarmed up onto her lap and stuck his head under her chin - "[MYNAME]GETHIMOFFME!!!" She knew what he was like, she'd seen the damage he'd done to me when I got him (long story). Never knew her to be intimidated by anyone but my cat. 😆

For Phoebe and Daisy, it tends to be "Hello!" and just vary in tone according to whether the visitor is a cat person or not.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That reminds me of a friend when the late great Magnus swarmed up onto her lap and stuck his head under her chin - "[MYNAME]GETHIMOFFME!!!" She knew what he was like, she'd seen the damage he'd done to me when I got him (long story). Never knew her to be intimidated by anyone but my cat. 😆

For Phoebe and Daisy, it tends to be "Hello!" and just vary in tone according to whether the visitor is a cat person or not.
Thing is, you can tell people NOT to touch or mess with a cat (yours, mine, others). Same people seem to have a Snow White syndrome and think that every animal loves them instantly and will cuddle with them.
I wish they'd listen once in a while.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thing is, you can tell people NOT to touch or mess with a cat (yours, mine, others). Same people seem to have a Snow White syndrome and think that every animal loves them instantly and will cuddle with them.
I wish they'd listen once in a while.
Mostly I haven’t had that problem, all my cats except Magnus have been friendly or simply hidden away from strangers. This friend knew what Maggins was like and didn’t mess with him, he simply swarmed onto her when she sat down! He was like that - friendly but totally untrustworthy. I suspect he’d been badly treated as a kitten (he was 18 months old when we got him).

But the one person who did push her luck … well. My manager, patting him while he wound around her ankles. I saw the change in his eyes, said “R, stop, he’s had enough,” she said “Oh no, he’s fine” - and she went home with her hand covered in band-aids. Caused much laughter at her expense at work the next day!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For Charlotte it would be how distinguished looking she is, she is a tuxedo. That would last until she is comfortable enough with a stranger to do something goofy, looks can be deceiving.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
No one ever meets my cats because both want nothing to do will people. Lola will attack so she has to go in her room before anyone arrives and Willow goes into hiding as soon as she hears someone come in.