Question of the Day - Tuesday, January 5

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were driving through the Rockies one day heading to visit my husband's folks in south Dakota following our vacation. It was 10:00 at night when we hit Wyoming and we were exhausted. Drove for over two hours and NEVER found a motel room, it was some kind of big Rodeo week they have statewide all week. We were driving a GEO Metro, the 50mpg was great but they are the size of a tuna can. we ended up sleeping in a truck stop, in a Geo, no blankets, (and Wyoming nights get cold) beside running diesel engines, and fearing someone coming up in the middle of the night with murder/robbery on their mind. Needless to say, there wasn't much sleep that night!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most uncomfortable, on a deflated air mattress - rocks and branches are not fun. I actually ended up with pressure bruises.
Weirdest was on the school bus after a class trip. The location isn't the weird part so much as how I positioned myself. I folded myself up and faced backwards on the seat, leaning into the corner that the seat and window made, using my hoodie as a pillow. I still don't know how I managed to say that way....I guess the bus driver was easy on the breaks and gas and was a smooth driver.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, me too! I love that place. I found the yurts really cosy. Did you ride ponies there?
I did! but my guide was the like 13 year old son of the family I stayed with and he was very much not impressed (it was only the second time I'd ridden a horse and the first time on my own...) haha. My trip was just myself, a tour guide (who coincidentally moved to Korea for college soon after and we're still friends!), and our driver. I was supposed to stay in my own, but it had started leaking after some storms during the day, so I stayed with my tour guide and the driver stayed with the family. It was nice though. While we made breakfast, a giant cow (the family were cattle ranchers) tried to come inside so that was fun: eating while a big cow is blocking your only exit.