Question of the Day - Tuesday, January 19

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday! 
 I hope everyone is well!

What accents do you find the most attractive?

(Sociolinguistic speaking)

I'm usually an odd one out - I like German, Russian, Polish, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, Scandinavian and Finno-Ugric accents 

And of course Canadian. Have to throw in my home country in there too 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I too like Eastern European accents. Polish, Russian, Baltic (my father and his family are from Lithuania). So it's a comfortable accent for me :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scottish! Irish and Australian as runners-up. Some of the British variants are a lot like Irish and Scottish but the "standard" Queen's English is a bit stuffy for my taste :D. Jamaican is nice too.

Minnesota accent is cute. Dontcha know :tongue2:.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Australian, Scottish, British and Greek; reminds me of my dad!

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I'm pretty typical. English, Scottish, Irish, Australian, and French!!
Gotta love French.

I love that someone said Minnesotan. :lol3: I can't actually hear our accents, but I'm told it's pretty odd.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the French accent!  I am amazed at all accents though.

I also love to hear an accent from around the area of the Carolinas, Georgia.  I am from Massachusetts and even several miles south to Rhode Island, there is a different accent than ours.  I also like the accent from around NYC.  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
French, Indian, Pakistani, English, Irish, Spanish, Israeli, and Nigerian. I like an American southern drawl, too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Scottish. 

I have a GF who is English and I could sit for hours and just listen to her. It's really funny (sorry) when she starts cussing a blue streak. Hard to keep a straight face and I don't know why. 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the "southern accent" found in the deep south of the USA.
I've got that one cold. Call me and I'll show you. I can give you accents from all over the South. Sometimes, I can tell the city from the accent. My husband's great aunt was babbling away on a train station in Scotland and someone accosted her to say, "You're from Charlotte, North Carolina!" Yes, she was, and furthermore, there are different class accents in Charlotte. I met someone one day, ran through all the accents in my mind, and couldn't figure out where she was from. So I asked. She was from Arlington, Virginia. My hometown! No wonder I didn't recognize the accent.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I love Russian and Polish accents. I used to know someone from Romania and his accent was just dreamy. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My late pastor was from New Zealand. I loved her accent!

I don't know what others I like really. It's more who I associate the accent with. Like my little old Italian Great-Grandmother. Or our church administrator who my kids love (and I've known since I was a kid) from Nigeria.