Question Of The Day - Tuesday, January 16

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello all you gorgeous TCS members! Happy Tuesday! :redtabby:

How do you clench your wrist?

Because apparently it says a lot about your personality! What do you say, is it accurate?

A) Sensitive, insecure, compassionate, enthusiastic, impatient. Likes helping other people, sense of humour, energetic. Tends to be taken advantage of due to how overly nice you are. Wants to be accepted, protected and treated with sincerity. Capable of love but not good at expressing it. Tends to suppress emotions.

B) Talented, charismatic, intelligent, hardworking, dedicated, flexible, alert, confident, makes friends very easily. High expectations, afraid of loss/getting hurt. Tends to overthink, obsess with the depressive pasts. Afraid of losing a romantic partner so you act like you don't care at times as self defense.

C) Witty, emotional, agile, practical, thoughtful, good at phrasing, creative, and alert. Smart, good at manipulating, and advocating harmony. Over worry and too sensitive. Silent, sacrifices self so others don't feel hurt. Wants understanding. Desires flexibility and dreams. Prefers a comfortable environment over a busy one in romantic relationships. Posses a soft heart, easily forgives and forgets when wrong is done to them.

I clench my fist like C. It is pretty accurate, although I don't forget or forgive easily.

(Info and pic credit: The Way You Hold Your Fist Reveals Your Personality -)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Oddly, I clench my hands both A and C. Whenever I look at them they're in either or both clenches. And I can definitely relate to both descriptions. If I make my hands clench in pose B it feels unnatural and uncomfortable - but then it also seems the most likely pose to get my thumbs hurt were they to get in the way. I think my thumbs must be scaredy-cats!

:thumbsup:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do either b or c ... I think. I've never really paid attention but both feel equally comfortable. I think it depends on the situation and reason I am but my gut feeling is I do both about equally.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends, I clench mine like A, but as any fighter will tell you, and I get yelled at when I do, A and B will get your thumb broke or dislocated if you punch with your fist like that. C is the way every fighter is taught to hold your fist from a young age. I don't think I'd remember to tuck my thumb if I had to punch someone that grabbed me or wanted to hurt me, a broke thumb would probably be the last thing on my mind!

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It really depends, I clench mine like A, but as any fighter will tell you, and I get yelled at when I do, A and B will get your thumb broke or dislocated if you punch with your fist like that. C is the way every fighter is taught to hold your fist from a young age. I don't think I'd remember to tuck my thumb if I had to punch someone that grabbed me or wanted to hurt me, a broke thumb would probably be the last thing on my mind!
From an ex-fighter/brawler,I can tell you the you never wrap your fingers around your thumb. That will break your thumb when you land the punch on the first and second knuckle(that's where you want your fist to make contact). Option C listed above will destroy your hand in a fight.

I consciously try not to clench my fists anymore. I do exercise them a lot,tho. One of these exercises entails clenching the fingers like a fist but with the thumbs out,like giving someone the thumbs up sign.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely clench my fist as in C. A and B are very unnatural to me.
That being said, I was amazed at how accurate the personality description is for me. Especially true is that I easily forgive and forget, I really can't stay mad at anyone for long at all.
I am really amazed at how accurate this test is for me! This is extremely fascinating! Thank you cassiopea cassiopea !

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Really? I did martial arts for a while and I was told that C is a sure fire way to break your thumb if you punch someone. Safest way is a sharp jab with the side of the hand or an upper cut with the fingers curled back so you can make contact with the heel of your hand.

:agree:

One should never mess with a cat lady.......

;)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm......somewhere between A and B. :dunno: my thumb rests in between where it does in pictures A and B. i really don't fit any of the descriptions well anyway. i've always marched to the beat of my own drum.:)