Question of the Day - Tuesday, January 12

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dad had a sister who died in her first year (years before my dad was born). He wanted to carry that name on, so it became my middle name - I'm the only girl of my generation on my dad's side of the family.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is Snow :eek:. Apparently that's an old family name on my dad's side---and I have seen the geneology records, and Snow is a surname that appears with some frequency in the past, but I'm not sure if that's actually why my parents chose the name or if they're just retconning their choice :tongue2:. Unfortunately, the way it goes with my last name makes you think of Snow White. My mom says they didn't think of that. Oh well.

christfawk

Keeps hobblin' along
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alice, after my faternal grandmother. Not really a lot of story there!

My first name has an interesting story despite being a relatively common name.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I actually have no idea where my middle name came from. Before I got married my initials were LSD and my parents were free-spirited hippy types in the 60's, so maybe that's why they chose it. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend (female) has the middle name of Allison. . .which was also her grandfather's middle name. It seems odd to us because Allison is a girls' name now, it's funny how name fads change!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh...well...It's Bivings.  That's my mother's maiden name.  I don't know if it's really strictly regional. but in most old Southern families, you can almost trace the genealogy by the kid's middle names.  They are the last names of different branches of the family.  For instance, I was born Rebecca Bivings Elliott, my mother was a Bivings.  Her mother was born Blonnie Allen Moseley, Allen was my great-grandmother's maiden name.  Thank God we tend to go for the maiden names.  I could have been Rebecca Blonnie Elliott.