Question of the Day - Tuesday, February 8

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Hello! Happy Tuesday! :lol2:

What kind of pain is pleasurable?

(No, not talking about anything naughty FYI!*)

Massages for me. Have gone to an RMT a few times to take care of a few bad knots on my upper back/shoulders and goodness getting at those suckers can REALLY hurt but also feels great after it is all over!

Another one is letting your hair down after it has been tied up for a long time in a certain way, where the roots of your hair sort of ache but also feels really great - especially after massaging the head a wee bit. And my mother was an avid jogger, so that blend of exhaustion and discomfort mixed with accomplishment and rejuvenation after a long run.

Other examples that people have commented (Since I totally stole the Q from Reddit, full disclosure): Right after vomiting; it hurts but the relief itself feels good, spicy food, sitting down after standing up for long hours and standing or sitting close to a fire during a very cold evening.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riding a bicycle. I used to ride my garden-variety 10 speed on a road course of just over 10 miles. My best time was just under 40 minutes, and oh, the pain. My legs hurt, my butt hurt, my shoulders hurt, but not my hands- they simply went numb. Afterward, when I would walk off the leg cramps, it felt so good.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Massages and tattoos. I have only had two professional massages and neither was done hard enough. I have a massage chair thing (not a chair, but something you place in a chair) that I lay on and push my back into. I get horrible bruises, but it feels so good when I use it.

I have seven tattoos. Six of them cover a good portion of my back and run down my spine. The seventh covers the top of my left foot. I enjoyed the ones on my back, but the one on my foot hurt. My tattoo artist laughed a little while he was doing my foot and said, "Well, it's nice to see that you're human! I was starting to wonder."

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tattoo you get the pleasure of showing off a nice bit of art on your skin after its healed up
When I got my tattoo I was so worried about the pain but then when it started it was not bad at all, of course over two hours later, I was just ready for it to be over. I do plan on getting another tattoo someday though. 😜

To answer the question, I think stretching, massages, cracking my ankles or wrists are pleasurable pains.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Strength training exercises and massages. I love Deep Tissue Massages, but to get the best results from them-- you have to go with the highest level of pressure you can handle. It can be unpleasant while getting the massage, but you feel like a ton of bricks were lifted off of you--so it really is a good way to alleviate stress and it's ill effects from your body. I highly recommend them. 🙂

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also hate pain of any kind. I have very low tolerance on pain.

But does childbirth count?
It's the ultimate bliss of looking at a child from your womb.
That must be the best pleasurable pain there is! I don't have children but I can imagine the joy after giving birth and having brought your child to life.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And if we're being real; popping one of those tiny pimples that form under your nose. :rolleyes2:
There is something satisfying about popping a painful pimple.

I also hate pain of any kind. I have very low tolerance on pain.

But does childbirth count?
It's the ultimate bliss of looking at a child from your womb.
I didn't find it very pleasurable at the time. I told the nurse I'd changed my mind before I got my epidural. :lol:

But it was worth it.

Slightly painful at the time, but it being worth it because of results is also hair removal, like getting my eyebrows threaded.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After DD was born I told DH he was pushing out the next one. And I told my Godmother I wouldn't be doing that again anytime soon. :lol: She told me to wait till DD was up walking around; maybe 18 months and I'd change my mind. My nephew was born when DD was 18 months and the next thing I knew I was pregnant again. Baby fever is a thing. :rolleyes2: :lol:

The nurses told me I have good pain tolerance. I guess because I don't get loud or display it on the outside. That just draws attention to you and I don't like that. That doesn't mean I didn't feel it. :rolleyes2::flail:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to agree on a massage. Feeling everything loosen up and walking on air after.
My masseuse is nicknamed Mrs. Iron Thumbs so she isnt gentle..lol (She does racehorses as well)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first Dressage lesson. I had ridden western my entire life, and man, I didn't even know I had those muscles.
Dressage did make me a much better rider and trainer though, so I'll call it pleasurable.