Question of the Day - Tuesday, February 18

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are a light green but look darker because of a dark ring around the iris.

My parents and siblings all have / had some shade of green eyes; one sibling's eyes really, really tried to go blue but they up greenish-turquoise. I'm not particularly crazy about green eyes in general, but I married a green-eyed man and our one offspring has them, too, just worked out that way. 

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Clear, almost emerald green, with some sky blue and yellow flecks. I have no idea where I got the green eyes from--both my parents had blue eyes; 2 of my brothers also, and one has hazel(?)--a "muddied" green that's muted and a brown cast to them. I'm also the only red-head!

When I wear green, it really brings out the color in my eyes. People sometimes think I have blues eyes, but they look green to me. Perhaps they "change" when I wear certain colors?

Last edited:

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have dark green eyes. They were bright blue up until I was about six years old, then they went sort of blue green. By the time I hit adulthood, they were fully green. My mom has brown eyes, my dad has gray. 

My ex has hazel eyes and our kids ended up with blue and hazel.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Wish I had some of the pretty eye colors here. Mine's just the most common dark brown.
Well I been thinking about this reading the all the posts on here.

I always thought brown eyes were the most common. I could be completely wrong but that's what I've always thought. Probably because brown is the dominant eye colour over blue and green.

Now most people on here seem to have blue eyes, then green and then the least have brown coloured eyes.

So I'm thinking are brown eyes not as common as I thought ??? Or do more people with blue eyes own cats than people with brown eyes ???

I think I'm on to something here LOL. Are blue eyed people more likely to be cat owners ???

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Clear, almost emerald green, with some sky blue and yellow flecks. I have no idea where I got the green eyes from--both my parents had blue eyes; 2 of my brothers also, and one has hazel(?)--a "muddied" green that's muted and a brown cast to them. I'm also the only red-head!

When I wear green, it really brings out the color in my eyes. People sometimes think I have blues eyes, but they look green to me. Perhaps they "change" when I wear certain colors?
My eyes look different based on my outfit.  It was more noticeable when I wore contacts.  I've always liked wearing brow shirts because it makes the blue more vivid!

If it is any consolation, those with brown eyes make the best snipers!
My step-dad's brown eyes have the abilty to go nearly black when he is mad.  When we were teens; you knew you crossed a line if his eyes went black.  Or someone had messed with one of his daughters!

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my eyes are brown. don't know anybody in my family with any other color. i'm curious though since we are taught what genes makes brown green and blue eyes in biology class, what genes are responsible for other colors like gray hazel and amber?