Question of the Day - Tuesday, December 7

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hellooooooo everyone! Happy First Tuesday of December!

When was the last time you tried something new?

I guess if it counts, started a new job back in July! Which has been great thankfully. As for an activity, probably around a little over a year ago when I tried a jazz class, which was interesting. I did have intentions to try kickboxing but, well, you know...2020 happened :lol: But I guess there is the silver lining that I did newly discovered some wonderful nature trails and parks in my area that I hadn't visited yet, which was great - so I reckon that counts too! The last new trail I visited was back in August.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
A friend is teaching me how to make rugs from old fabric. I love the whole concept of recycling and am really enjoying it. :)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I built a fence a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty crude and it took me about 20 minutes to do, but it has been keeping my dog from running into the wetland, so it's doing it's job.

TubbyBubby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yesterday! A friend of mine recently got into soldering and got a DIY radio kit which was really neat; they let me tinker around with their practice circuit board and I got to use a soldering iron for the first time to fuse wires to the board with melted tin to make some fun little electrical connections!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
with a lot of help, I made Coq au Vin, Julia Childs recipe. It turned out pretty tasty.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not very exciting, but last weekend I made a.....uh...some sort of display...out of garland in the upper corner of my living room walls and extending along the ceiling/walls to replace my Christmas tree that I can't have due to my new kitties....they are obsessed with the tree. So now I can still have greenery with lights and all my special ornaments for Christmas. I'm not done yet but I think it looks pretty good so far.
I've never made anything intricate with garland before. I will buy more garland after Christmas for next year though as I didn't get enough to make it as big as I was hoping it would be/look once hung.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried a new flavour of jam yesterday - never had peach jam before but it was delicious! Yep, my life isn't that exciting :lol:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I decided to meet new people this year so I joined a walking group that goes out on Saturdays. I also started volunteering with a food pantry. We box up and deliver donated food to the families of school children in need. I have become proficient in packing a lot of stuff in the back of a Mini Cooper. :lol: