Mentor
Purraise
Well, when I was born my family home already had 4 older cats :lol3:
They were -
Jasper - black and white DSH
Samson - red tabby DSH
Cosmo - cream DSH
Fluffy - red tabby DLH

We had quite a few more over the years I was growing up at home. The most we had at one time was 6 just before I moved out. When I left home I took three of them with me
Pudge - black and white DSH
Purdy - calico DSH
Gizmo Blue tabby DSH

My very first cat that was mine and not a family cat after I moved out was
Theo - blue and white tabby Maine Coon

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mom and I had a grey and white DLH named Molly and a Mackeral Tabby with white DSH named Hailie.

We had to give away Molly when I was a young girl(maybe 6?) because the doctor said I was "allergic". Turns out I wasn't. I hate that doctor. Anyway, we took her to the local shelter and it broke my heart. We called 3 days later to get her back when we found out I wasn't actually allergic to her, but she had already been adopted by another family. 

Hailie was my mom's cat before I was born. She lived to be 19, passed away when I was in 5th grade. I remember my mom bringing her into my bed room and waking me up, telling me that she had just passed away. We cried for a little while and I pet her and told her I loved her. 

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looked like a tortie but was half siamese street cat, very vocal. She was a kitten and I was two when she followed me home. I used to roam the neighborhood when I was a toddler (true story), and my favorite neighbor was a lady down the street who fed me salty homemade dill pickles and fresh baked bread with butter. She was so nice to me I visited her often.

The nice lady had cats, too, and when one had kittens she let me play with them. I remember there was a kitten that I really liked the coloring, her nose was half white / half black and her little paws were white. She's the one who followed me home that day. My father was a rancher and animals belonged outside, so she was not allowed in the house. The only reason my father said yes to keeping her was so she would catch rats and mice. She grew to be a huge cat, and an incredible hunter. She was my best friend when I was little.

Boy, she was smart too! And such a sweetie, she let me dress her up time and again, with doll clothes and bonnets. She let me push her in the stroller covered with blankets, too, this was in the Texas heat! 

I still love salty dill pickles and cats! Sorry so long, but thanks for the memories of the nice neighbor lady, and my first sweet kitty.

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She, was an ex's cat actually but the first one I lived with.  Tabby, big, polydactyl, half a tail and not very nice.  Her name was Unique. Not a lap cat at all.  We tolerated each other.  That was back in the days when me and most people, didn't have access to helping a cat adjust better.  I hate to say it but I disliked her a lot.  Was just as happy to have her out of my life as my ex.  Wish I'd known better back then.  

Both my sisters had cats at and after that time period.  I did, like all of theirs.  Maybe Unique and my relationship, was just a reflection of my relationship with him 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my first cat was suzie, a burmese. my aunt bred burmese for many years (now she breeds dobermans), so my siblings and i were each given a burmese cat when we were old enough to help care for a cat.

monogodo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was about to list the color of our first family cat (Fuzzy), and the color of my first cat (Velcro), then I realized that they were the same color - solid black.

littlelion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My first cat, Fletch:
As you can see he is black and white which seems to be very common here. Yes that is me holding him, taking when I was about 6 years old.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel is my first kitty, so ginger & white.  
       We had a fluffy cat, (named Fluffy) when I was little, but I was too young to really remember.    I think I was 4 or 5 then.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

oceanbreathes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A black "foster failure."  She was actually my family's first foster kitten and we all couldn't help but fall in love.  Our second cat(a cream point) was also a "foster failure" who was born in our home with cerebellar hypoplasia.  

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tinsel was a silvery gray and white; almost a tuxedo pattern but with very faint tabby markings.  I don't believe they even showed up in most pictures.  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My first kitty was named Fluff and he was a little black tiger. My sister's cat was Puff (yeah, Fluff and Puff) and he was a little orange tiger.