Question of the day: Tuesday, April 30

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what really ticks me off is when somebody says 'oh in a little while'. to me that means less tha an hour because otherwise it would be in a couple hours. a friend of mine told me once that if she says 'in a little while' your lucky if it's the same day  
:lolup:

I had a realtor years ago that would tell me Be there in "seven minutes". It really meant about "thirty" seven minutes. :rolleyes: I stopped using her after too many "be there in seven" excuses.

Last edited:

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a friend who had no concept of how long things took (or she just acted that way, I don't know).

She'd say things like, "I just have to get the twins fed, get them in the car, drive downtown and run a couple of errands, then I'll head to your place. I'll be there in about 20 minutes." Yeah right. She was always off by an hour or two!

It always amazed me that she didn't seem to learn. We quit being friends when one of her 5-year-old twins walked up to me one day while we were all at the park, and punched me in the stomach.

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a friend whom I called once for a ride to town - before I got my truck - and he told me he would be there in about 30 minutes.  He showed up 2 weeks later.  I have not spoken to him since, and have placed all his phones on the reject list on my phones.

Last edited: