Question of the Day - Tuesday, April 28

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salutations! Hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday! :geekcat:

What questions would you like to ask a time traveler from 200 years in the future?

First off, I would totally ask a bunch of questions about said time travel machine :lol: But also....

Are there any spaceships where you can travel through space? (Via Star Trek or Firefly, Fifth Element style. Cheesiest Q but legit curious I confess. Would also ask about any other technological advancements)
Life expectancy?
Any new discoveries in the world? (New species, was the deepest parts of the oceans finally explored etc)
Wars?
How do people of your generation see our period of time in history? Are other important historical parts well preserved and taken care of?

cb5ffb9428d32950af57d991a46d9add.gif

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That time traveler, after figuring out which year he jumped to:

images (1).jpeg

Haha!

Anyway, yeah I'd ask the same questions you would, plus something like what kind of household pets they keep, how farming has changed, how they educate the children (virtual reality classrooms?), etc., more personal daily stuff like that.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really care about it, because I won't be alive in 200 years. If I was going to be alive, then I would ask questions about animals, the environment, standard of living, food, music, the stuff I care about.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd want to know how the environment is and whether humans will have completely destroyed it in 200 years. I'd also like to see if they would know of any of my descendants (if I have any direct ones or through my siblings or something).

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What music is like. A lot of people are of the opinion that we don't have many other places to go musically since the advent of digitally produced sound. Theoretically, we can make any sound we want already. Then again, humans made due with lute-style instruments and hand drums, etc. for thousands of years before the electric guitar was invented. I'm sure a person living in 1820 wouldn't've been able to predict EDM, so I'd be curious to know how music has evolved (or devolved, depending on world conditions of course)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really care about it, because I won't be alive in 200 years. If I was going to be alive, then I would ask questions about animals, the environment, standard of living, food, music, the stuff I care about.
I agree. I don't see the point. Even if they did say, "oh this is going to happen in 150 years. Please warn people." Who would listen and even if they did, why would they believe me and what would they do about it if they did?

I also don't see what good it would do to know about technology that is coming up many years after I'm gone. OK. Enjoy it I guess. Have fun.

If anything, I'd ask for the winning numbers to an upcoming Powerball or 2. :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you go back to my 12 year old self and tell her not to do so many stupid stuff as well as this letter that I wrote scolding her for the dumb things she's going to do.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'd like to ask them what their history says about this time (along with a lot of other stuff... :) )

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Right on! That’s what I was thinking 😉