Question of the Day - Tuesday, April 28

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! :) Happy Tuesday!

Do you have any nicknames for your cats belongings/accessories/foods etc?

For example, I tend to call Camelot's and Morgana's litterboxes "poopie boxes".

An obvious one is when I call their food "Noms" or "Nomies"

Yeah I get a tad gushie :dash:

purrsnwhiskers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We call their dry, crunchy cat food "kib" or "kibkib".

Since we are crazy cat people, we talk for them to each other, so when they're circling their bowls, we will say (on their behalf), "Gib the kib kib!!"

They also have a toy that got left outside and rained on, but there was a protest when I tried to throw it away. So, we call it their "stink-stink". 

There's a ton more, but many of them are one-off silliness. We are also gooshie, so don't feel bad. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really have nicknames for the cats' things. The vacuum cleaner has become 'nasty noisy' ever since my labrador was a puppy and scared of it though.

Having said that, the latest running joke in this house is ending anything Asha 'says' with "...in my rat infested cellar."

Eg "I didn't have a silk cushion when I was in my rat infested cellar."
Or
"I couldn't see the sunlight in my rat infested cellar."

(For those who don't know, I found Asha living in a cellar lined with mouldy grain and rat droppings at the farm where I keep my pony.)

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat's food is their yum-yums,their litter box is the stink box, when they use their water fountain they are getting a dwinky, and their heated beds are their nesties. I have to watch it around the relatives, I think they are about ready to have me committed!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Like Mooch, nicknames for the kids, but not so much their stuff. The pink blanket that "lives" on the table for Tabby and Mollipop is called the blankie. Our Dyson is called the Purple Dragon. That's pretty much it, I think. Mice are meeces.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have nicknames for Artie; maybe a few things I have re-named.

The vacuum is called, "The Monster"

His food is called, "Num-Num" or "Nummies"

anything which is bad for Artie, I say: "No-No..boo-boo"

Oh and when I brush him, I say: " Want to get brushed? Brushey or Ushey"..he understands

When Artie wants to go out on the balcony, with me of course, I taught him to go, "Ououuuu".  It also means 'open door' to him.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The litter boxes are just the boxes. Their toys all seem to be male for some reason. Ex: Mr. Mousie, Mr Blinky Bird, Mr. Penguin, etc. Food is just breakfast or supper. Treats are "a little something"

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The vacuum cleaner and the garden hose are both called "Monster". Before I use either of them I call "Look out guys, Monster coming". Some of them have learnt what that means and run down to the bottom of the garden when I say it.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

The vacuum cleaner and the garden hose are both called "Monster". Before I use either of them I call "Look out guys, Monster coming". Some of them have learnt what that means and run down to the bottom of the garden when I say it.

I say, 'look out kids, I'm starting up the big sucky thing'....

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The litter boxes are the "facility."  As in - "Swanie is using the facility."

Toys, we have feather bird, squeaky mouse, fur mouse, rolly ball

Vacuum is Vacuum monster

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My roommate calls the box "treasure chest" and my scooping it as "digging for treasure". It started when my cat had an episode of constipation, so I started getting all antsy when I don't find any brown logs for a couple of days. One day when I did find those, I cheered like it's the best treasure I've ever found. 

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The canned friskies they get in the morning is " mouse" . The feather toy is their " bird" it's the brand also.Their poop is "almond roca".