Question of the Day - Tuesday, April 27

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salutations! Happy Tuesday!

What's the "craziest" thing you have ever done for love?

Whether friendship love, family love, pet love, romantic love etc etc

Mine so far are more animal related - Nothing TOO crazy on my end (Hopefully, anyway!) But I did tear town part of my barn to free my horse who got himself stuck somehow, which is a long story. And one time I went right into the other side of a large field during a huge lightening/rain storm to get my donkey who was stranded. Could I have been hit by lightening? Yes. Was it worth it? Definitely! I'm sure I have more examples but those came to my mind first.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drove 12 hours to get home, including 4 hours driving through a blizzard, then walked a mile through knee-deep snow to get from my parent's house to Michele's house, all on a 3-day weekend liberty. Yeah, I was young and foolish at the time, but I hadn't seen her in 2 months.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably the craziest thing is loving my 2 feral cats no matter what. I never gave up on them, even when I got the palm of my hand ripped open. I will never leave them. I'm the same way with loving my friends, it's unconditional, even though sometimes I don't understand some things they do. I'm sure I will be the same way with a romantic partner, as long as there is no cheating or violence.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had a romantic relationship, so the only thing I can say for doing something crazy for love would be related to family, friends, or my animals. So let's see... I paid almost $1500 to have 8 bad teeth removed from Maisie a few months after I adopted her. At that point she still wouldn't even let me touch her. Also involving Maisie, I waited 8 months for her to feel comfortable enough with me to pet her. I've still never held her without struggle though. It's been 3 years.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few. I tried stopping a big dog (Rotweiller) from attacking my friend's sweet Wheaten Terrier. She was walking her dog when this dog came running (no collar and leash) and was viciously attacking her dog. My friend froze and didn't do anything so I jumped in and try to get her dog free from the other's dog's grip (he had his teeth around the other doggies neck. I kept hitting the other dog to get him to leave her alone. I gave it one hard smack to the nose and the dog let go and let out a whimper, then it lunged at me and I screamed and hit and kicked at the top of my lungs. The neighbors started running out and one of them went into his driveway and got his hose and sprayed the dog full blast. It worked because the dog left. I had some puncture marks on my hand and forearm, but it could have been a whole lot worse. My friend's dog was bleeding a lot from the neck and had missing fur there (and puncture marks as well). She was taking to the vet and thankfully didn't have major damage. We found out who owned the dog(a nearby neighbor). She just got the dog from a shelter days ago and it broke out of her yard. The neighbor was so upset over this that she ended up paying for my bill at the emergency clinic and my friend's dogs vet bill. There was never an incident like this again with that dog.

I am an animal lover and I can't stand to see any animal suffer. I also have defended a few people that were getting bullied. One homeless person was getting beat up by teenagers when I went over and stopped them. I hate bullying and brutality. There is something in me that gets triggered and I spring into action. I am afraid this may get me in trouble one day, but this is how I am wired. 🙂

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness.... where do I even begin? Some would call it crazy and some, stupid. Lol Let’s see.... walked the swamp at night to save ferals from humans? Jump a fence to stop a big drunk guy from beating his dogs? Confront a neighbor who would not help save a hurt dog? I probably looked like an angry little bee. Bees can be intimidating though. Must bee because it works every time. So far.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say marriage when I started dating my now husband everyone said I was crazy. No good would come of it he'd never settle down, liked his freedom to much, hated kid's(I have 4). So we got married on April fool's day because we were told we were foolish to even consider marriage. It's been the best 10 years of my life and he has never done me wrong. And kept his promise to tell me he loves me everyday.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a postscript to my story. It was Saturday evening at Michele's house, and I was preparing to walk back home. Her mother looked out the window and said "No, you're not", so I ended up sleeping on their couch. When I woke up Sunday morning, the first thing I saw was her youngest brother sitting on the floor about a foot away, just staring at me.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Rescuing my previous GSD Ragnar when I found him in the Angeles National Forest. He was tied to a tree with a very short rope, sitting up expectantly waiting for the idiot who did this to him to return and bring him back home. He was clearly malnourished and had a ripped ear from something that we never determined. I called AC and they said they would go and get him but it was already 5 PM and I knew that there was no way that particular agency was going to bother which would have meant that he would have died that night when the coyotes and mountain lions came out. So I untied him and opened the back of my SUV and got behind him and shoved him in. I clearly remember telling myself that if he was vicious, I was going to find out the hard way. He was a sweetheart, as it turned out, and I had him for almost 10 years until he passed from degenerative myelopathy.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I love this! Thank you for mentioning it, because now if I get married, I'm going to ask him to do this. What a lovely idea, every single day. Do you get a kiss every single day too? ❤
Yes everyday even when we have had words. He said he couldn't promise me much but he would tell me he loved me everyday no matter what. And I do feel lucky to have him in my life, I was married before so I know what it's like to be taken for granted feel unloved. He's never made me feel that way.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first moved to the Chicago area from Atlanta, all the neighbors told me that school didn't cancel for snow storms. So I drove my kids and a neighbor's kids to school during a white-out blizzard. I couldn't even seen them to get in the door, so called the school to verify. There was an emergency and the receptionist had to call me back. Turned out the first grade teacher's husband had been hit and killed by a train in the white-out. After that, I decided that I, not these crazy Northerners, would decide whether my kids had a snow day.