Question Of The Day - Tuesday, April 2

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still sad that Woolworth's is gone. Used to find everything in there from my school uniform to random bits and pieces at low prices! Also; ToysrUs, Maplin, BHS, Blockbuster, Barratts, Comet and Barkers of Kensington (was our local department store when we lived in central London).

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope we don't lose our Sears. I need to get a new fridge and stove and I want to buy them at Sears when I can save enough money.
Sears made a huge mistake in picking up Kmart. It just sped up the decline IMO. I'm sad about the demise of Sears but couldn't care less about Kmart. The one by us is nasty. Always dirty, nothing is where it belongs and lots of damaged merchandise. Like I've said, I'm really surprised that they haven't let it go yet. I haven't been there in years. People who have been there have told me that nothing has changed since I've been there last. Their prices are no better than WM or Target either.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think the only people who missed K-Mart around here were shoplifters. They were all dirty and shabby and the employees didn't care. I didn't even bother to hit the clearance sales when they closed because I knew there wouldn't be anything good.

I do like Shopko and a lot of those are closing. They have stuff most big box stores don't have, although their prices aren't anything special.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope we don't lose our Sears. I need to get a new fridge and stove and I want to buy them at Sears when I can save enough money.
Yeah, Sears was great for appliances and electronics. I got my treadmill there years ago. They had nice clothing too.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blockbuster and ToyRUs. I saw a headline that Sears was looking into opening up home stores. I was at work so I couldn't take time to read it. A lot of people like their appliances maybe they are going to hang on to that part of it.

Josh Halber

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Blockbuster and ToyRUs. I saw a headline that Sears was looking into opening up home stores. I was at work so I couldn't take time to read it. A lot of people like their appliances maybe they are going to hang on to that part of it.
Hey Denice I'm sorry this isn't about the topic but as a staff member I know you would have an answer but I was wondering if I could contribute articles to this site because I have a love for both writing and cats and would love the opportunity to write some. Is that even possible for a normal member like me? Thanks for your time :)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot about A. J. Bayless. I didn't really shop there, but my grandma collected green stamps, so I was in there a lot when I took her shopping.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I think the only people who missed K-Mart around here were shoplifters. They were all dirty and shabby and the employees didn't care. I didn't even bother to hit the clearance sales when they closed because I knew there wouldn't be anything good.

I do like Shopko and a lot of those are closing. They have stuff most big box stores don't have, although their prices aren't anything special.
DH and I used to go to Kmart after Halloween to look for clearance decorations. They rarely had anything good.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Woolworth's, Baker's shoes, FedMart, Del Taco, Der Weinerschnitzel, Howard Johnson, 7/Eleven and Gulf gasoline (both are returning), Safeway, Montgomery Ward (especially the catalogue), Kenney's shoes, Music Go Round, Hancock Fabrics, Frosttop Rootbeer stands, Payless Shoes (going now), Albertson's grocery, Madings/Mading Dugan/Eckerd's, Russell Stover candy shops, Wicks and Sticks candles, B. Dalton's and Walden bookstores.