Question of the Day - Tuesday, April 19 2022

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday! :purplebutterfly:

Do you have any PG-Friendly replacement swear words?

I don't swear that often (For a variety of reasons) but if I do have one of those normal frustrating moments at a particular place where it wouldn't be appropriate or around certain people, I would usually use "Sugar" "Sugar Butt" "Fruitcake" "Fudge" "Fruit Fanny" "Son of a Gun" and so forth. Even at home alone I will do that :lol: I would have to be REALLY angry in order to actually use real swear words.

marie-aristocats.gif

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t have any PG words. Too me those type of words don’t get the point across. My significant other chooses to use those Non PG words in a foreign tongue. Most don't know what's happening unless there's a grimace facial look.

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of mine come from the Pogo comic strip, like ”Dagnabbit.” I do love Shakespeare’s: “Where got’st thou that goose look, thou cream faced loon?” Swearing in Spanish is fun, b/c it’s more about cursing your ancestors (or at least the unrepeatable ones I know).

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in the service, I learned cursing from experts in the field, but those days are far in the past. Now, I have a wide selection of PG-rated terms to choose from, although in my mind the really nasty ones still lurk.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. I swear all the time, no replacement words. If I'm around friends who have kids I just limit my swearing or lower my voice when actually swearing.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I live alone. There is no one except the cats to hear me curse so I let loose with curse words when I feel like it. However, I pretty much never use anything other than “damn” when talking with others.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't swear, my family never did. My dad had a funny replacement swear word, ' shoot fire and and save matches '.
Google says it's southern slang for ' s ** t fire and save the matches '.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. If the intent is there it doesn't matter what word you put in it's place.
That's what my mom said so we weren't allowed to even use the replacement words when we were kids :/.

So I really only use the PG rated words now, if I even use those. I've gotten pretty fond of "heckin" because of the doggo memes.

My 4-year-old nephew has picked up using the real and actual F word for attention, and it's driving my mom crazy to have to ignore him, lol. I think she might have literally died if any of us had said that as kids :tongue:. She told him he won't be allowed to use that word when he goes to school and he said "aww but it's my favorite word!" :lol::censored:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. There are no kids in the house (unless you count the furkids) and, sometimes, the words just fly. Never in public, although I have let loose outside a couple times. If I'm upset or really angry, saying, "Well, gosh darn!" just isn't gonna cut it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like swearing. I say What the heck! or Dang! or Awww man!
You are so sweet and innocent. Don't ever change.

I swear like a sailor. I use the F word but there are some even I won't use. I won't swear around kids or people I don't know. My nephew is a Baptist Minister and he would give me some stern looks if I let one slip around his kids. I know someone that is suppose to be a minister and I heard him call someone an ass yesterday. I also heard him say Oh, Jesus Chris! He was not praying he was angry about something.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I could even list all my non swear - swear words. I have a potty mouth...well more like I swear like a trucker, on a bad day, after stubbing his toe and hitting his head. So I've become quite creative when in the presence of those I shouldn't be swearing in front of. Don't get me wrong...I use the real words, but am careful when I need to be.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I never heard my parents swear until my mom developed Dementia. I was shocked because growing up we couldn't even say shut up. I had to hide my smile because it was comical hearing her let loose with the S word. :biggrin:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I live with a United States Marine. My uh, vocabulary, has greatly increased since then. I normally don't curse in public, out of respect for others, but I do when alone, like if I drop something on my foot, etc. I will curse around him, though, as he is always using the f-word in its many colorful and glorious ways. He's quite creative.