Question of the day: Tuesday, April 16

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning to all. In light of yesterday's tragic bombings at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, I wanted to ask if anyone knew someone who was in the race that needs extra prayers this morning. My friend, Deb, who is a triathlete was running the marathon. She had already passed the finish line when she heard the first explosion and thought it almost sounded like the cannon they use to set off the race but knew it was something much worse. The sound was deafening. Thank God she was not injured. It was so horrible to see the pictures on Yahoo of the injured. I hope that if any of our member's or their family and friends were in the midst of that terror that they will be alright. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shame. If it isn't the killings at some school,it's bombings. Glad your friend wasn't hurt.

dejolane

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My ex-stepbrother was there; a short distance away but he is uninjured.  He is into photography but used to work in an ER before moving to that area.  I only talk to him through facebook and he hasn't said too much there.  I'm not sure if he himself went to provide first aid to the injured; but he did comment commending the first responders.  He posted that he was shutting his cell off and what not to try to wrap his head around the day.  His brother was not at the race and I haven't heard any comments from other friends in that area that lead me to be concerned for their personal safety.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad your friend is OK, Lauren. To the best of my knowledge, all of my friends and family are accounted for and OK.

I just can't wrap my head around this. because this is a local news story for me, it is all that is on TV, the radio, etc. While I was out earlier I had the radio on and people that where there were calling and and their stories are just chilling. Most have a hard time speaking without tearing up.

The story of the 8 year-old boy that died and his family is beyond heartbreaking.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew no one at the marathon.  My prayers are with the victims and I just don't understand how this could have happened.  Terrorists won't be happy till they kill a lot more Americans. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My ex-stepbrother was there; a short distance away but he is uninjured.  
Good to hear that he was not injured, physically. Such mental trauma even for those who were not physically injured.

I'm glad your friend is OK, Lauren. To the best of my knowledge, all of my friends and family are accounted for and OK.

I just can't wrap my head around this. because this is a local news story for me, it is all that is on TV, the radio, etc. While I was out earlier I had the radio on and people that where there were calling and and their stories are just chilling. Most have a hard time speaking without tearing up.

The story of the 8 year-old boy that died and his family is beyond heartbreaking.
Thank you. Deb texted that she is really having a hard time today, quite depressed and rightly so. I can't even fathom what all of those people, the runners and all of the spectators, are dealing with today. Yes, the little 8 year old boy is heart wrenching to say the least. Makes us really put things into perspective. For me, it gives me pause to attend anything in this country where there will be many Americans all in one place at one time. I just shudder over the thought.