Question of the Day - Tuesday, April 12

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings everyone! Happy Tuesday! Hope all is well :lovecat:

What city would you never want to live in?

For myself, first comes to mind....

Pyongyang, North Korea.
Norilsk, Russia.
Cairo, Egypt.
Dubai, UAE
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Tijuana, Mexico

I also heard that Gary, Indiana was not entirely ideal either!

giphy (1).gif

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flint, Michigan.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to live outside of the Chicago area, but the whole water situation there is why I picked Flint.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading about Norilsk, I definitely wouldn't want to live there either! Also on my list would be any city in Ukraine right now...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it qualifies as a city: I probably don’t want to live anywhere near it. :lol: The only things that I can imagine drawing me to a city would be museums and performing arts. I see some of these mega cities and it looks worse than completely miserable to me. Bordering on hellish. Way way too peopley.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any of the towns in the rust belt that are just barely hanging on like Youngstown, too depressing.

Most cities have areas that are nice, not wealthy, but nice areas. It's a matter of being able to afford to live in one of those areas.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anywhere that's very conservative, has temperatures above 70 degrees for more than 3 months, or isn't within an hour's drive of a semi-large city.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any big city, really. I've been to several of them: Chicago, Toronto, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Philadelphia, Boston, and Nashville come to mind. In none of them did I feel comfortable because I was always looking over my shoulder. I grew up in the country, and in a way never left it behind.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Anywhere that's very conservative, has temperatures above 70 degrees for more than 3 months, or isn't within an hour's drive of a semi-large city.
:yeah: Great answer!

I could never live anywhere that gets extremely hot/humid, e.g. southern states and I love living near a big city especially since I grew up in one. I would get bored quickly if I wasn't near a metropolitan area.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not want to live in any city with a population over 15,000. 15,000 is pushing it. (I also do not want to live anywhere with fewer than 1,000 people.)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Any city for me too, that has hordes of people and noises.

Number one on my list is Manila, Philippines.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: Great answer!

I could never live anywhere that gets extremely hot/humid, e.g. southern states and I love living near a big city especially since I grew up in one. I would get bored quickly if I wasn't near a metropolitan area.
I currently live in a suburb of Minneapolis, but I've also lived in a small town for college (about 5000 people during the school year, 2000 in summer) that was about 2 hours away from a sort of large city and then 3 hours from Minneapolis, so while I loved living there, I sometimes just really wanted to go to Target. :lol:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
after thinking about it i guess am hap;py in the county i live/grew up in despite any dislikes i have here its not really that bad. :lol:and if that one big earthquake does hit and breaks off a chunk of california along the fault lines i will have beach front property then :biggrin:
That is a Great Positive attitude to have.