Question of the Day: Tues. March 2

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends for me. I usually sleep with a tv or my laptop on or something. I hate sleeping in silence. But the Beau loves it. So when I am with him it takes me longer but it's usually around 30 minutes. Although when falling asleep with the tv on there is always that chance you will end up watching the end of the show... and then get drawn into the next... and then 4 hours later you are cursing yourself... LOL

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Since I was rudely awaken from mine
my question is on sleep:

If you are woke up, are you able to go back to sleep right away or does it take a bit?

How about when you go to bed? Are you asleep pretty fast or does it take you 20mins or ? to fall asleep?

Do you generally sleep through a night (barring any rude awakenings, ex. cats wanting something, fire alarms going off, etc.)?
Most of the time once I turn off the TV in the bedroom I fall asleep pretty quickly but of course there are nights when it takes me a long time to fall asleep. When I get up to feed Autumn at around 4 or 5am, it takes me hours to fall back to sleep again. But I will not stay up that early, it would ruin my day. I am a light sleeper so any little noise will wake me up. I learned my lesson and now take the ball with the bell in it away from Autumn during the night

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It always takes me forever to fall asleep, whether it is right at bedtime or in the middle of the night.

It probably doesn't help that my wife snores like a freight train.
I am a flip-flopper, though, so we each have our quirks.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, I never sleep through the night! I'm up at least 5 or 6 times every night whether it be the cats or to use the restroom.

I fall asleep REALLY fast, within mintues, but if I'm woke up after 6 or 7am there's no going back to sleep no matter how tired I am

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jim is asleep within seconds of laying down. He is snoring within 5 minutes. I go to bed before him because I need silence to fall asleep. The slightest noise and I am awake. Dh says I can hear a mouse fart next door
. I am awaken several times during the night. Sometimes I can go right back to sleep. sometimes it can take hours.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have suffered from insomnia my whole life. Even as a child I would lay awake for hours into the night. Often as a child I wouldn't fall asleep until between 12 and 3am, and I was sent to bed at 8 or 9pm.

Now in order to get a good nights sleep I take Ambien every night. I try to only take it on the nights I have to work the next day. On the weekends (or I should say the nights I don't have anything to do the next day, which typically on the weekends I don't) it doesn't matter if I stay up really late and then end up sleeping late the next day. I end up usually staying up until I literally pass out from exhaustion on those nights. If I don't take my Ambien, I can be completely exhausted and think "Oh, I'll surely fall right to sleep" but I'll continue to lay there. Some nights I'll be in tears b/c I'm so tired but my brain just won't shut off and let me sleep.

On the nights I take Ambien I sleep all through the night and don't usually wake up, unless something happens close to my normal wake up time. I wake up at 7:58am (yes, that specific. that's when my alarm goes off for the 5th time), and for example my husband's alarm clock going off at 6:15 will wake me up and I won't be able to fall back to sleep. If I don't take my pill I easily and frequently wake up, but tend to fall back to sleep fairly quickly MOST of the time, unless like you said it is a rude awakening and wakes me up fully. Then I'm awake for a while, if not completely.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't sleep unless Bella is in the bed with me. Then I fall asleep to her purring. I wake up at 2:3oam to go to the bathroom and I never go back to sleep!!! I have to leave for work at 4:00 so I just stay up. Besidex, Bella is awake by then and ready for her loving.