Question of the Day: Tues. June 30

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have dental insurance and bad gums so I have to go regularly for cleanings. I used to have to go every 3 months until I found out Sonic Care toothbrushes. Now I go every 6 months or so. I've been to the dentist twice in the last month (for crowns), and have 2 more visits coming up in July (permanent crown and 6 month cleaning). The last crown work was last week. They numbed my mouth so well that my eyelid actually stopped functioning. I couldn't even blink my eye for about an hour afterwards. Made the drive home in bright sunlight very interesting.

I hate dentists because when I was a kid, our dentist never used novocaine before she drilled. But I go, because I know the alternative (root canal) scares me more than a regular cleaning.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love going to the dentist and go fairly regularly. I've never had anything 'bad' done, no fillings or anything so no reason to fear it.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am embarassed about my teeth. Years of neglect, kinda just thought they would always just be there. A lot of stuff in my younger days, well, things you should not do (drugs) many years ago in a life that is not me now. Now down the road, they are a mess. Two missing molars, My "fangs" are starting to get bad, one is about to break off. I had a very bad experience with bleaching stuff, it took all the enamel off my front teeth and they now are just bad too. rotting away.
I am the person who smiles without showing their teeth, l hide my laugh behind my hand.

ETA :I have no way to fix ths at present, no insurance, what will need to be done will cost $$$$

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't gone in a few years... I know, shame on me...
I HATE dentist... I am terrified of it... I am not afraid of needles or anything like that, but at the moment I hear the noise and feel that smell... oh... I want to run away!
Next time I will tell them to make me sleep - that is the only way I will go.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go to the dentist whenever I feel like it or think about it, haha. I dont enjoy going, usually because they pick at this damaged part of my tooth all the time (it happened when I was like 5 or 6). It has an indentation on it, and they always scrape it - irks the heck out of me! They also manage to make my gums bleed every time I go - no matter what dentist I go to it seems. I know I'm due to go, and I probably need to get my wisdom teeth pulled soon.

I'm not scared of going, I just hate going