Question of the Day: tues. July. 3

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's question is:

If you had one million dollars, what would you do with it?

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buy a multi family home(Central Air a must!). 

A clothesline in yard that can hold ALL I can throw at it! 

Buy a bunch of cat trees.

Husband a V8 Manual Mustang and a new workout area with whatever he wants in it.

TNR as many cats as I can!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go on another cruise!      Invest in some kind of animal rescue and save as many cats and dogs as I can.    That would be pure heaven for me.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Buy a much bigger house and have a few separate foster rooms. Take a trip to Norway/Sweden (if I could leave my babies that long :nervous:) Buy my hubby a new car. And right now, help my brother, his wife and my nephew get a home. OH and I would hire a cleaning lady :rofl: :clap:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buy a house, buy a new car, go on a trip, pay bills, give my mom, sister and in-laws some and save the rest.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
im an only child so 1st off id split it 3 ways between my parents and I. Then id buy myself or have a house built with of corse a big sunroom for my cats

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A million doesn't go as far as you'd think. If you invest it wisely, you can live comfortably off the interest, but spending it all at once won't get you too far. A small animal rescue facility, maybe. Starting your own state-of-the-art sanctuary? Not really. I remember when the local Humane Society built a new place, it cost more than a million, and that's just a basic shelter.

Anyway, besides just investing it and living normally off the interest, if I had to spend it all at once, I'd buy a small acreage, build a house that's made for cats, with outdoor enclosures. And also build a great kennel building for the dogs that will inevitably be dumped on the property. And a new car. If anything was left i'd donate it to the proper charities.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We would give some of it to Rick's church (I don't go to church, but Rick takes his mother almost every Sunday) and some of it to our local animal hospital.

Share with my sister and brother and Rick's sister.

Home renovations OR I would love to open a B & B that would allow people to bring their cats with them. I keep looking at some of the grand and not-so-grand older houses that are for sale in our area.

Last edited:

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, a million won't go very far nowdays.  Maybe 10 million would.

I would buy a farm with land and have a cat friendly house.  It would be on a dead end road too.  Have horses too.  No traffic.  Help our kids, invest so I have a steady stream of income for years to come.  Take care of my animals and set up a foundation that would make money to help people pay for vet care and spay and neuter.