Question of the day: tues.Jan 11

riffxraff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my names kathryn, i dont hate it. a lot of people call me kat lol which i dont mind at all but i HATTTTTTE when people call me kathy..im not sure why, i just dont like it at all.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My name is Frances, which I neither love nor hate, but find much too formal for me. I'm called Fran, for the most part, and I like it fine. A few people call me by other variations, and depending on how I feel about the person, I either love it, or take a strip off them.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my name - Nancy. When I was a teen, I always wanted to be called "Nan". I thought Nan was a great shortened version of Nancy, and I thought it sounded cool and perky - my cousin had a friend named Nancy and she was a cheerleader, and everyone called her "Nan". No one called me that, though.

Now, though, what with the internet, I sign all my e-mails "Nan" and, over the past couple of years, people have started calling me that. I really like it!

My parents actually considered naming me "Belinda" when I was born, which was a combination of their nicknames - Bee and Lindy. I'm sort of glad they didn't, although it's a lovely name.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like my name now although I didn't growing up... It's becoming a lot more common now which annoys me.
I want to be the only Kailie! At least I have never known anyone who spells it the same way.

Most of my family and friends call me Kay but some family members call me KK. It's what my brothers called me growing up and it is now what my nephew calls me.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my name, Rebecca, and one of the shortened versions, Becca, but was called Becky most of my life. I hated going through life with a name like a 6 year old, especially if you have ever seen me, so as I got different jobs with people that did not know me, I trained people to call me Rebecca or Becca. I still am asked if people can call me Becky, which is always answered with the dirtiest look I can muster, and a hiss "NO." I usually have little or nothing to do with those people, because I feel they have no respect for me. I would never call them by a stupid name if I knew they did not like it

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to not like my name. But as I got older, I started to appreciate it more. Not many people with it (I used to want a common name, like "Amanda" when I was a kid). My dad calls me "T" or "T-bone". Some people at work pronounce my name more exotically than it really is

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Gmorning. Today's question is an easy one.

Do you like your name? (first name) Is it shortened, do you have any nicknames, or how about ways ppl use your name that really annoy you? Would you change your name if you could?
My name is Lydia Nichole; I like it. My boyfriend and family call me by my first name, but a lot of my friends call me by my middle name and shorten that to "Nikki". As I've gotten older though, I'm starting to prefer my first name more.

My least favorite thing about my first name however, is that people ALWAYS seem to screw it up! Seriously, it isn't that difficult people.
I HATE it when people call me "Linda" instead of Lydia - come on now, they're spelled entirely different! There is no "n" in Lydia
That's happened since I was a little girl and will probably happen for the rest of my life haha. People also tend to spell my first name wrong a lot as well. They will write, "Linda" or "Lidia", instead of Lydia; it gets annoying, but I've learned to just politely correct people. Growing up, the only other "Lydia's" that I met were older ladies, so I always felt a little out of place with my first name. Nowdays though, I can't tell you how many little girls I've run into with my first name! I guess it's just one of those names goes in and out of popularity. Overall though, my first name has started to grow on me more and I prefer to go by that now rather than my nick name so much.

People never spell my middle name, Nichole, right eithor since my mom decided to get creative and spell it with an "h" when I was born. The only people that remember my middle name correctly are my niece and cousin (that's because their middle names were named after mine). Most people do not screw up my nick name, "Nikki" though. The most people might do there is spell it incorrectly.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been too fond of my name, it's so boring and everyone with the same name who I've met have happened to be very annoying people..
My first name is Mari.
My first middle name is same as my mom's middle name, don't like that one either. Not going to write it here so I don't reveal everything..
I hate my second middle name, Ingeborg, I'd get rid of it but I don't want to upset my grandma who shares the same middle name. Because of that and my surname, I'm often mistaken as swedish.

And people have lots of problems writing it (first+last) correct. It's only 8 letters, it can't be that hard..!