Question of the Day - Thursday October 19, 2023

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a shower routine, as in do your bathing tasks in a certain order? Do you wash your legs while showering?

I do pretty much the same routine when I shower. Wet my hair, add shampoo, scrub my armpits and other crevices with a bar of soap, apply face wash, rinse out shampoo, if I'm using conditioner I then add that, then I rinse off all the soap and finally rinse out the conditioner if I used it. I almost never wash my legs unless they are visibly dirty or I'm particularly sweaty.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My aunt said I would take a bath on the way to my own funeral. If it's a hair washing day, I do that first so I can leave on the hair mask to wash out last. I do wash my legs and feet every time. My dream is a rainfall shower head, so when we eventually remodel the bathroom, that's a must have.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No particular order for showering, just start from head to toe. (I don't care for taking baths.)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I need to wash my hair I do that first, before the rest of me gets wet. I use purple shampoo so need to avoid getting it on my skin, and I rinse it off the shower tiles as soon as it's done. After that it's get wet, use the soap all over, then rinse.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I wash my legs! I wash everything. Hands, then face, hair, body, shave, rinse, wash hands again, dry off.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If washing my hair I do that first and put conditioner just on the ends. I wash everything from the shoulders first down to my feet. I use face wash last then rinse off.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before getting into the shower I put on face wash. Once in the shower, I wash my face and rinse it off. Then I wash from top down, shave anything I'm going to shave, then wash my hair, shampoo only, and rinse it out. I do wash my legs but not always my feet because I worry about falling.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Shampoo first, then rinse, and the conditioner. While that's still on my hair, I wash. Shave, if necessary. Finish my hair and done!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Full rinse with a bit of a scalp massage to really get my hair wet. Then wash face. If it's a hair wash day, that's next, followed by conditioner including finger combing/detangling it thru, and I let sit it while I do the rest. Then it's wash time with body wash and a loofa, top to bottom, yes, including legs and feet. Then I rinse off, followed by shaving if it's time, rinse off, squeeze the water out of my hair and get out.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess so but its not really concious. Just start with my hair, then face and move from cleanest to dirtiest from there.

I got on her procrastinating today’s shower so I guess this is my sign to get with it. :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wash and condition my hair and then wash the rest of me. After turning 70 I no longer have to shave my legs or arm pits.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wash and condition my hair and then wash the rest of me. After turning 70 I no longer have to shave my legs or arm pits.
I am 67 and no longer have to do armpits, unfortunately my legs still need shaved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find it very strange when people don't wash their legs! I start with them after I do the main half of my body, toes and feet included.
They get washed, in a sense, from the soap I use on my upper body getting rinsed off. It may not make sense to a lot of people but I've done it my whole life and never had a problem.