Question of the Day, Thursday Oct 20, 2011

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never used to get the flu shot, and I've never had the flu - just very occasional horrific colds. Now I have a germ factory though (ie. a child), the whole family gets flu shots. I wouldn't be too bothered if it was just me who got it, but given that the real flu (I hear so many people say they have the flu when it's just a cold) is supposed to really knock you around, I wouldn't want to risk being sick while looking after a child, or her getting sick.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting one on the 27th at work. I am considered high risk as I have had a stroke. I am getting it free as my insurance is covering it.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I never get a flu shot. I got one when the swine flu was around because I was I college and they gave it to all students...otherwise I just don't think it's necessary for a healthy young person who has good personal hygiene.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never had a flu shot!!
But Larry gets one every year. Last year he did not, and he got so so sick, and then (of course) I caught it. Worst flu ever.
Maybe I should consider starting

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No flu shot for me or my kids. My middle son used to get it as a baby because he had a tendency to develop pneumonia. My husband gets it every year, it's a job requirement.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No flu shots here. Knock on a forest we havent had a cold or anything aside from seasonal allergy issues in about 4 years. The last time we got sick it was my fault from something I happened to cook not an actual illness. LOL