Question of the Day - Thursday November 24, 2023

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little late today because I've been busy, but Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans! Happy Thursday to everyone else!

What are your opinions on leftovers? Do you enjoy them? Do you reuse leftovers and create a new dish or do you just eat the leftovers as they originally were?

I have leftovers all the time. I live alone and can't eat a lot, so I will make a meal and then eat it for lunch and dinner for several days after. Since I've been on Mounjaro (similar to Ozempic but different), my interest in food has changed a lot and I've really struggled to eat any food I've made more than twice. I'm going to have to start finding recipes that have fewer portions so I'm not wasting a lot.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t have any. Only time we ever did was the remains of the roast chicken and Christmas pudding, which we’d eat cold for days. Now we’re served individual meals, so there’s nothing left. Just as well - the mini fridge isn’t big enough to take any!

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Microwave ovens were invented for leftovers. And given also the famine conditions in many parts of the world, you should certainly not throw them away.

The best way to consume them is to use them as part of a new dish.
But it does also save cooking time and effort in our busy society, if you cook enough for two meals at a time.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love leftovers! I will sometimes eat them as they are/were originally prepared and sometimes create a new dish...depends on what it is.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use leftovers. I either freeze them as original recipe (for later) or turn them into something new to eat the next day, it all depends on what it is.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes leftovers are better than it was origially. But I don't usually have many because I just cook enough, or try to.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom used to make turkey noodle soup out of the leftover turkey and I looked forward to it every year.

Other leftovers I tend to eat as is. I love leftovers. Less cooking for me!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Heck, who wouldn't eat leftovers? It saves you having to cook another meal and you can always change it up by adding something new. Fortunately DH likes leftovers too. The only one who doesn't like leftovers is Carleton. 😸

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers were a big motivator in my cooking dinner myself this year! I love them! No cooking for the next few days for me! :woohoo:

I usually eat them as is. But occasionally I’ll do something like a pot pie. I do like sandwiches with leftover Turkey sometimes too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what is that?
Mounjaro is similar to Ozempic that is taken for diabetes. A lot of celebrities take Ozempic for weight loss though. I'm on it to prevent diabetes (I have a long family history of it) and then also get to a healthier weight.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have left overs when I've made something big and can't eat all in one go, or if I've been to a restaurant with lovely but filling food and ask for a doggy bag!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I purposely cook much more than we need for a meal so that I do have leftovers.I may change it up,or leave as is,depending on what it is,or may turn around and add it to something else,or freeze them for later.

Last edited: