Question of the Day - Thursday May 4, 2023

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This question came to my mind last weekend when I couldn't sleep so I was hoping I was going to remember it for today's question and I did!

You are asked to name a litter of kittens with themed names. What do you name them and what is the theme? The number and genders are up to you, but they have to follow a theme.

For me, I have a few themes I'd consider.

Castle characters:
Richard Castle
Kate Beckett
Javier Esposito
Kevin Ryan
Lanie Parish

Cartographic projection terms:
Mercator
Lambert
Mollweide
Miller
Robinson
Winkel

Library classifications:
Dewey
Loc (Library of Congress) or LC

Famous scientists:
Tesla
Lovelace
Watson
Crick
Pascal
Newton
Darwin

Furrywurrypurry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They weren’t a litter of kittens and so I apologise if this completely deviates from the question. This is my lord of the rings themed family.
smeagol, was 14 when he left us in February I will miss him forever and beyond.

Precious (my precious) is 13 she is on palliative care for a tumour but currently in as good health as can be. The lady of the house, she is stunning.

Mr baggins, the most truly feral cat I’ve ever encountered, 18 months of gaining his trust and feeding him led to his eventual capture and him finding his forever home where he is now an happy, indoor cat who has no interest in ever going outside. He is magnificent.

And then Gollum, my newest addition, who is sooner than I’d like, going to an only cat. He is the most beautiful baby and keeping me going through this rough time

I hope to add to my LOTR family at some point and if it could be a whole litter of kittens I’d be thrilled 😆 the LOTR universe has so many names left to offer

Attachments

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When my Mom did kitten fostering she did theme litters all the time! I don't remember them all but I really remember the Peanuts litter (Lucy, Charlie, Linus, Marcie, etc.)
If I did this, it would depend on how many kittens and how many boys/girls. If I had a litter of four girls, they'd be Sophia, Dorothy, Blanche and Rose. If I had four boys, they'd be Francis, Reese, Malcom and Dewey.
If I had mostly boys with one girl, they'd be McMurphy, Cheswick, Taber, Chief, Scanlon, (etc.) and Nurse Ratchet!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was breeding, over the years all my cats (with a few pet exceptions) were named for flowers, trees or plants:
Savannah Rose, Lily, Poppy, Golden Bamboo, Magnolia, Lotus, Solidago, Marigold, Mimosa, Jacaranda, Camellia, and Sunflower. Sterling was named for the Sterling Silver Rose. Those were the registered names, not really what we called them. Call names(in same order) were/are: Vannie, Lily, Poppy, Boo, Maggie, Lottie, Sol, Zippy, Mimi, Jack, Camie, and Sunny. The theme exceptions were Spencer, Tabitha and Sterling. I felt the theme fit since my other passion is gardening and I was a florist.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When she was rescued, my Lily had five kittens. I didn't name them, but the rescue named her Lily Potter, and the kittens were all named after characters in the book. Harry, Draco, Hermione, and so on.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either historical figures, constellations/stars or characters from ballets. An example inspired by the later!

Nikiya
Giselle
Florimund
Kitri
Myrtha
Gamzatti
Onegin
Odette
Marguerite
Coppellia