Question of the Day - Thursday July 20, 2023

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are some of your favorite flowers or plants?

For me, I love flowers shaped like bells like tulips, bellflowers, foxglove, and Canterbury bells. I also love hydrangeas. I bought three hydrangea bushes last year but I apparently killed them. :bawling:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really like wild flowers, as well as herbs :)

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacaranda blossoms, sweet William, rhododendrons, daffodils, forget me nots, butterfly weed, chickory, violets, wild Iris, calypso orchids, old fashioned trellis roses, columbine, nasturtium, frangipani, cosmos.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I just learned about a new perennial I saw at the Botanic Garden and really liked called Verbascum. I also like tulips, roses, gladiolas, geraniums, orchids and peonies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roses are at the top of my list...iris,narcissus,portulaca to name a few.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love flowers of all types. My two favorites are daffodils and the big showy moth orchids. I love daffodils because they are the first showy flowers in the spring, at least here they are first.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the scent of roses but I don't really take much notice of flowers generally. They're a pretty background, very nice to see, but I don't know much about them or think about them.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roses, forget-me-nots, tulips, daffodils....

Flowers are pretty, but I'm a plant killer, so I admire from afar.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely do not care about flowers at all, and my cats would try to eat them anyway. For plants I like vegetables. Greens are my favorite, and hot peppers.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutely love lilacs. The scent, the color, the look....I need more around my yard.

I'm also a big fan of Calibrachoa! And petunias. I get multiple colors of those every year for around the yard. I love the colorful varieties of cone flowers. Black eyed susans. Marigolds. Verbena! African daisies. Gomphrena are new to me but I'm loving them this year. Lantana is fun too.