Question of the Day, Thursday February 23, 2023

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
First up, this spot is open! If you are interested in doing the Thursday question of the day every week, please send me a private message.

Today is National Toast Day !

Do you like toast? Do you eat it frequently?

We usually have avocado toast for breakfast at least once a week. šŸ„‘

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like toast well enough, but barely make it. I'll have it more often in a restaurant.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like toast and I have it sometimes at home and restaurants. I ate it more often when I was a kid.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Toast is ok but I don't tend to eat it much unless making a big breakfast (which is rare) or a sandwich where toasted bread seems better (like tunafish)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If I have it itā€™s usually a snack - toast with jelly or toast with cinnamon sugar. Occasionally in the evening I will have cocoa and toast.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will generally have toast several times a week; usually it is in the form of sandwiches.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to keep sugar/carbs to a minimum so no bread :(.

But I never was big on toast. Except at restaurants; I don't know why their toast is always better than homemade.

And I think it's funny that if you tell people you had a PB&J sandwich for breakfast they think you're weird, but if you say you had peanut butter and jam on toast they don't think twice, lol.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I love toast and have to limit what I eat. A while back, I switched to Ezequiel Bread which is much lower glycemic carbs. If someone wrote " The Toast Cookbook", I would buy it.

Buttered toast with grape jelly is the ultimate in toast dining.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I adore toast. Toast with melty butter on top. I would toast a whole loaf at a time if only I didn't have to be more careful about my food intake, so I eat a lot less than I would like. But a nice piece of good bread toasted with butter melting into it is one of life's simple pleasures.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another ā€œlike toast but very rarely have it at homeā€ person here. I may make it on the rare occasions I have soup for lunch. Otherwise Iā€™m much more likely to have a toasted sandwich when I have lunch out.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Toast! Why not. Thereā€™s a very funny segment on toast on this weekā€™s Star Talk radio podcast, called ā€œthings you thought you knew,ā€ w/ Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love toast. All kinds. Butter is always added. Other things can be added too like peanut butter, jams, lemon curd, honey, cinnamon sugar.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like toast. I've gotten in the habit of having Italian bread toast with butter and tea for breakfast every morning. I just had French toast for supper. Have not had that in awhile. It was good.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a big toast fan,and I make my own bread so to me that makes it even better.I do have it for breakfast on occasion but love my sandwiches on toast.Peanut butter is a favorite for me,also orange lemon marmalade and raspberry jam.