Question of the Day - Thursday December 7, 2023

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been planning on having a baby in the next couple of years, so my regular obsession with baby names has only intensified. So that brings me to today's question:

What are some of your favorite names?

I have a very long list of names that I love, so I'll limit it to less than 15 and I love more girl names than boy. :lol:

My favorites:
Girls: Evangeline/Eva, Cora, Clara, Ada, Aurelia, Vera, Esther, Briar, Hadley
Boys: Thatcher, Wesley/Westley, Beckett, Atticus

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I remember thinking about baby names when I was pregnant. I felt it was important to pick a name that I liked but other children would not make fun of since being a teacher I saw this happen a lot. Although I didn't use these names, for a girl I like Victoria or Vanessa and for a boy I like Tyler or Aidan.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Elizabeth, Polly, Barbara, Annabelle
Michael, Cristopher, James

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose, your favorite names are those you gave to your cats.
So give the baby the name of the cat you most like(d). *

* This is not an entirely serious answer. ;)

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Make sure whatever name you choose does not have another meaning that could result in your kid being bullied. Kids can be terribly cruel sometimes. You don't need to give them any ammunition.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave my favorite girl name to my oldest daughter.

When we were thinking of boy names during my first pregnancy, I started really feeling the name Isaac, but my husband wasn't into it and it didn't end up being the boy name we chose. I also liked the name Joshua a lot for a boy. Again, my husband wasn't a fan.

Let me ruminate for a bit on girl names I like that I didn't make my husband use. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used my top favorite for each of my kids. Well; the ones DH agreed to that weren’t already in use with cousins and close relatives or friends.

Girls: Annalise, Naomi, Emelia, Hattie, Janaya
Boys: Joshua, Noah, Andrew/Andy, Nickolas (spelling undecided).

I was very focused on having names with positive meanings. I love Leah; but it means sorrow. My friend Leah has certainly had sorrow in her life too. :ohwell: Hattie was dismissed for that reason too. I also didn’t want anything super common ir super unique. DD ended up being much less common.

I was pregnant with DS when a friend 6-8 weeks ahead of me had a miscarriage at 17 weeks. They named him Noah so there was no way I’d use that name out of respect for their loss.

The only name DH suggested that I totally shot down was wanting to name DS Abraham and call him Abe. It definitely doesn’t fit him! He shot down naming DS after himself (my top choice). He chose DD’s middle name (a family name common on both sides) and agreed to DS’s middle name being after my Grandpa who I was very close to. I kinda feel bad we didn’t consider his grandfathers names but one was Clyde and that was my stepsisters childhood great dane. Others weren’t much better except one that is on my list above.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls are named Erin and Krystal

My son is named Raymond. That was my father's name and his middle name is his grandfather's name on his dad's side. Raymond used to be a very common name but it hasn't been for a while. I had a harder time coming up with boy's names. I liked Raymond because it is no longer very common but it isn't so uncommon to be odd.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m very into names and etymology; so I have a long list of favourites - I’m very nerdy about this! If I had to narrow it down to two; probably Adelina and Leo.