Question of the day - Thursday August 21

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wavey:

Sorry for the lateness of today's question ;) I've had no internet connection for most of the day but it's finally working now :woo:

Today's question is -

When did you last go to the dentist ?

I've got an appointment tomorrow for a check up :sweat: I'm not a big fan of the dentist, but then I don't think anybody is :lol3:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an appointment next week sometime I think.  Or maybe the week after.  So I guess the last time was 6 months ago.  I had perfect teeth until college.  I missed an appointment and it was some time before I could get in and BAM...3 cavities!  I've had quite a few filled since then.  
  I never used to dread my cleanings; now it's bordering on dreading.  But then I just think about how I should be grateful I've had dental insurance all these years to have twice-yearly cleanings and get problems taken care of without paying too much out of pocket.  

I LOVE my dentist (I almost typed vet...

) and most of his staff.  I heard he is going to retire in the next few years.  His office manager has been with him the entire 20 years I've been a patient and she knows my whole family well enough that we never have to give a name when we come in.  She always asks how "so and so" is.  Just really personable.  I think several of the hygienists have been with him over 10 years as well.  

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my teeth cleaned often, every 4 months because of some health issues. I have an appointment again in September, so I guess it's been 3 months. The dentist checks my teeth once a year.

I love going to our dental hygienist, she is great at her job and a nice person and our teeth look like little white pearls when she's finished! My previous dentist / hygienist were terrible, so I could really see a huge difference when I started going to her. (She is the one who got the insurance company to cover 3 cleanings a year for me, too.)

Last edited:

monogodo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A couple of weeks ago.

Our dentist office is great. The entire staff is made up of attractive women. They have large (40"+) TVs in every exam room mounted high on the wall & angled so that you can watch TV or a DVD during your exam/cleaning. They use all new modern technology - the x-rays are all digital. And their office is upstairs from the train station, so I can take the train from them to work. 

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Two years ago. I've never had problems with my teeth. No cavities or fillings either [emoji]128518[/emoji]

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was 3 years ago. I know the second last time I was seen, my dentist (who has been seeing me since I was 7) asked what grade I was going into, and I had to break it to him that I was finishing my fourth year of university. The last time I went after that, I had to turn down an x-ray since I was no longer insured. I'm overdue for an x-ray, especially since one of my wisdom teeth are visible now but I really don't want to get them taken out.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday - for my cleaning. I have to go every 3 months. Bit late this time because I couldn't go right after my colon surgery in June.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I go for cleanings 4x a year.  2 periodontal, 2 regular. I was at the periodontist last month, was having some pain related to a gum area that I have pending surgery on.

I adore both my dentists.  Really sweet, down to earth women.  In fact, I ran into one of them getting our hair done.  We had no idea we used the same person.  Sat and chit chatted about life and stuff for 30 minutes as our highlights were doing their thing 

Last edited:

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I last went to the dentist in the late 1990s. It was a new dentist because I'd moved and I really did not like her very much. The last dentist I'd had was so gentle I never felt a thing. I'll go back to him if something goes wrong, even though it is a distance.

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I last went in June. My daughter and I go every 6 months. Several years ago I didn't go for a couple years and when I finally did go I had to pay extra for a deep cleaning. So since then I make my next appt. for 6 months before I leave the office. That way I know it's made because if left up to me to call I will forget. Don' t ask me when he last I saw a Dr . I am very neglectful of myself when it comes to Dr appointments and preventative care.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been for quite a few years. It's so expensive and I don't have any dental coverage. I need to go after this baby is born though, I have a tooth that's really been bothering me. I don't want to get dental work done while pregnant plus my gag reflex works a little too well lately.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We go to the dentist every six months for cleanings, x-rays, etc. We are both down for this-coming November appointments, so it was probably back in late April or beginning of May sometime. We have our six-month appt card with us when we leave the last appointment and we put it on the side of the fridge so we can remember.

I didn't used to go to the dentist regularly and then one time I needed deep-cleaning and scaling. It was expensive and it hurt like the blazes, plus I needed so many Novacaine shots. And at that point, I decided to put my big-girl panties on and deal with the six-month dental appts. It was cheaper and less painful in the long run.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ashamed to say I don't remember. I clean and floss but only go when something haooens. I'm terrified of the dentist.