Question Of The Day - Thursday 9 Nov

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

A question about siblings today :p

Do you have any brothers or sisters ? Also, what is your birth order ? (Oldest, youngest etc..)

I have two older brothers. Which, makes me the youngest :)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an older sister (blood) and a younger half brother. So that makes me middle.
But, my brother was not raised in my immediate family and I was in my mid 20's when he was born. So I'm not sure if that counts for what you are asking.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 14 brothers and sisters. I have 7 older and 7 younger placing me in the middle of 15 kids total. No twins, all from one set of parents. 4 older brothers and 3 older sisters. 3 younger brothers and 4 younger sisters. We didn't all live at home at the same time, older siblings had moved out by the time my mother had her last few kids. The age gap from oldest to youngest is 24 years.

15 kids and 50 years of marriage | DurhamRegion.com

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 14 brothers and sisters. I have 7 older and 7 younger placing me in the middle of 15 kids total. No twins, all from one set of parents. 4 older brothers and 3 older sisters. 3 younger brothers and 4 younger sisters. We didn't all live at home at the same time, older siblings had moved out by the time my mother had her last few kids. The age gap from oldest to youngest is 24 years.

15 kids and 50 years of marriage | DurhamRegion.com
:eek2:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
That was probably the look on my fathers face after the first five. Another one :eek2:. My mother had strange, obvious cravings when she got pregnant so it was apparent to us when she would get home with groceries.

P.S. When new friends would come to the house they expected my mom to be a big lady, she was as thin as a rake. I had one friend say, "that's not your mother", LOL.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one younger sister. I always wished I had more siblings. Most of my friends are from larger families with 7-10 siblings.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two younger brothers.

My mother breastfed all of us, at a time when that simply was not done (my paternal aunts begged her not to "disgrace the family" that way), and Mom worried about sibling rivalry as the older children saw her nursing the newest, so nursing time was also story time. No surprise -- my oldest brother and I both grew up to be voracious readers, my youngest brother less so. (He came to it eventually, however.)

Margret

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 1 sister and 2 brothers.
I am the oldest. My sister was born 13 months after me. My youngest brother was born 1 month after my son.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm the oldest. I have 2 younger brothers, the first born 18 months after me and the second born 20 months after him. I don't know how my mom did it!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an only child. As far as I know everyone of my direct relatives is dead, so I'm the end of this line. Our granddaughter was an only child and only grandchild so her line is ended, too.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an only child. As far as I know everyone of my direct relatives is dead, so I'm the end of this line. Our granddaughter was an only child and only grandchild so her line is ended, too.
When I was a teenager three of my sisters used to fight over the upstairs bathroom in the morning. I would shower at night and wet my hair in the laundry tub in the morning so I could style it. I got it done quick as it didn't take them long to take over the downstairs bathroom as well. The downstairs bathroom had no tub or shower but had a mirror to do their hair. There was no way I was going anywhere near that upstairs bathroom. I bet that every morning each one of my sisters wished they were an only child.

Last edited:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a younger brother. Odd thing in our family is I have no cousins despite having an aunt and uncle on the side we interact with (long story). My niece is an only child and I have no kids so it looks like the family will die out in a few years.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am an only child; no siblings. My cousin's do have kids; however, my last name will die off with this family, as my male cousin with the same last name has 2 adult girls...