Question Of The Day - Thursday 6 July

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

Do you have any weird food combinations that you enjoy ? :paranoid: :drool: :eek:

I really like melted chocolate on top of a cheese pizza. :paperbag: A friend of mine does this & convinced me to try it once. I've been hooked ever since :confused:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I have tons :rolleyes: Apple and mustard, cucumber dipped in soy sauce (well, tamari since coeliac diagnosis), lettuce and ketchup, mustard or ketchup on crispbread, pineapple cottage cheese with a ton of mustard, salt and pepper, baked beans (ie heinz english style, not Boston baked beans ;) ) over lettuce and cucumber, coffee mixed with yerba mate tea, peanut butter - the powdered, non fat kind - with marmite (well, a gluten free knock off :wink:)... That's just what springs to mind right now. I'm sure I have a ton more...

And yes, I freely admit that I'm crazy :disturbed: ;)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only things I can think of is pickles and peanut butter, soy sauce and cottage cheese or apple butter with cottage cheese.

Muffy

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Small pasta (like Orzo, Pastina or ABC noodles) with butter and ketchup! It was my favorite lunch as a kid and sometimes I still have to have it. :yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small pasta (like Orzo, Pastina or ABC noodles) with butter and ketchup! It was my favorite lunch as a kid and sometimes I still have to have it. :yummy:
That was Honey Boo Boo Mama's favorite meal as a child. They showed her making the "sketti"
once on her show. She would use heaps of butter and liberal squirts of ketchup. She said it was delicious. I tried it once and it was pretty good.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That was Honey Boo Boo Mama's favorite meal as a child. They showed her making the "sketti"
once on her show. She would use heaps of butter and liberal squirts of ketchup. She said it was delicious. I tried it once and it was pretty good.
I have never watched the show but I know who they are. I think it's more popular to have it with Parmesan cheese instead of ketchup.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont consider these things weird, but i put butter in my oatmeal, pineapple on pizza, avocado and cottage cheese, bagel with cream cheese and ketchup, orange juice and ginger ale...there's probably more but I don't think its weird

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it with tomato soup and butter.

I put jam on my fried egg sandwiches, and on my eggs for breakfast.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Peanut butter and horseradish. A friend from university introduced me to that combo, and I've been eating it ever since.

My grandfather used to eat tuna and peanut butter - that's one I've never heard of anybody else trying. He'd also eat sardines and peanut butter on occasion.

Marasoul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, can't think of any at the moment. I do make icetea concoctions, green ice tea, lime,fresh mint leaves. Blk tea & squirt of juice, any kind. Didn't like it with apple juice. Camimile , cinnamin &honey. Please excuse spelling

Marasoul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
before bed ? Think i'd have nightmares. Once just peanut butter gave me night mares . I 'm still trying to remember some wierd things i eat or ate. I'm an old lady this is gonna take awhile lol.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sliced apple and cheese sandwiches.

Celery sticks dipped in peanut butter.

Avocado, apple and walnut salad with plain tofu yogurt on top.

Whole raw mushrooms dipped in mayonnaise.

Japanese ume boshi. (sour, pickled plums) You're supposed to have just a little with white rice, but I love them so much I eat them whole on their own.

:yummy:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Japanese ume boshi. (sour, pickled plums) You're supposed to have just a little with white rice, but I love them so much I eat them whole on their own
Ahhh, me too! I order Eden umeboshi from Amazon, it's expensive but I think it's worth it. In Japan I used to prefer the little hard ones and I can't find any source for those even online so I'm stuck with just the big squishy ones like Eden sells :/. Better than nothing but I wish I could get those hard ones.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
before bed ? Think i'd have nightmares. Once just peanut butter gave me night mares . I 'm still trying to remember some wierd things i eat or ate. I'm an old lady this is gonna take awhile lol.
You're not old, I saw your age on your profile. I should say WE'RE not old because I'm right behind you a couple years.

My mom used to eat onion and butter sandwiches. She said it helps you sleep. I still like them.
I like crackers with butter on them.
My friends call me the dunker. I dunk my sandwich in soup, pretzels in whatever I'm drinking, peanut butter crackers in my milk. Pretzels are good broken up and soaked in a bowl of milk.