Question Of The Day - Thursday 5 October

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everybody :wave3:

What do you spend way too much money on ? :eek: :jawdrop:

My cats ! :lol: I struggle to justify buying a £10-20 top for myself, yet I'll spend £30 on a cat toy without thinking twice. :confused:
But, not including my cats, I guess I would say I spend way too much on electronic gadgets

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is also my cats and electronics. Although lately it's been PB and butter. Iv'e been on a PB cookie binge. Fortunately, I haven't gained any weight because of it. I'm hoping it doesn't catch up with me.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will spend money on a Coach purse. I only have two from actual Coach and one from the outlet which is completely different and much cheaper. That is really the only thing for myself that I will spend more than I should on. I used to be bad about Starbucks but I have a Nespresso espresso machine now so I make lattes at home. The pods for them are expensive but nothing like the price of a latte at Starbucks.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I used to be bad about Starbucks but I have a Nespresso espresso machine now so I make lattes at home. The pods for them are expensive but nothing like the price of a latte at Starbucks.
I spend too much $$ on both, lol. I go to Starbucks and I have a Nespresso machine. I guess everyone needs a vice. :wink:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spend too much money feeding the wild life in my yard. I'm retired and it is just something that I enjoy doing.

Muffy

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Books. Always books.

Excuse me; I need to check out today's BookBub email.

Margret

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Besides the cats which is mainly food and litter? Housing costs :sigh: I own so I have a mortgage and a condo fee which combined is less than the average apartment rent around here. But it's still a more than a single paycheck.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fresh fruit. I love strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apples, peaches, grapes, etc. And they can be expensive during the off season.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Books! When I go to the bookstore, they dedicate a single cash register to me. Then they draw straws to see who has to check me out. I tend to hit the used bookstores most, thank goodness, but still, a couple of bags full...

Eating out is a close second. Since my husband has been ill, we've eaten out three to four times a week. That adds up fast. He's getting better, so we're cooking a bit more. Eating out used to be a treat, but not any more. Home cooked is much better (cheaper, too!)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't you book lovers discovered the library? I would be poor as a church mouse if I bought all the books I read.

The grocery store is my vice. I don't spend so much on basic food - it's all the other stuff I pick up. I promise myself to stick to my list but always end up with a lot more. Nuts, pretzels, chocolate bark, a fancy sink drainer, etc.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Our library isn't much of one now. They have relatively few books and lots of computers. I supposedly have access to the whole county library system, but even then, there aren't that many books of the kinds I read. Our local library got five or six feet of water in it during Harvey, as did several other county libraries. I read a lot of paperback cozies and they have absolutely no paperbacks. I'd go broke if I bought at full price. As it is, I'm just nearly broke.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our library isn't much of one now. They have relatively few books and lots of computers. I supposedly have access to the whole county library system, but even then, there aren't that many books of the kinds I read. Our local library got five or six feet of water in it during Harvey, as did several other county libraries. I read a lot of paperback cozies and they have absolutely no paperbacks. I'd go broke if I bought at full price. As it is, I'm just nearly broke.
That's really too bad. We are lucky to have an outstanding library. But even ours is going over to CDs and DVDs, and even audible books.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't you book lovers discovered the library? I would be poor as a church mouse if I bought all the books I read.
  1. Libraries don't always have what I'm looking for.
  2. Libraries keep wanting me to give the book back, when I want to keep it and re-read it; at least, that's true for the good ones. :eek2:
  3. Yes, I do use the library. But it doesn't keep me from buying books.
Margret

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My cats. My monthly food and litter bill is as much as my mortgage repayments and then I put more aside for their emergency vet bills every month.

Then there is flea and worm meds, mood stabiliser meds for the highly-strung calico, supplements for the FIV+ one and extra treats for everyone if I'm out longer than usual any day.

But if ever they find a way to make an alternative fuel out of cat poop I'll have it made.

:woohoo: