Question of the day - Thursday 5 March

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my ears pierced age 6ish after really wanting it. Stopped wearing earrings age 11ish, I think when I was starting to wear more funky nickel plated rather than gold plated... I remember they bothered my ears. And thw about age 24 I wore some for my friend's wedding. And haven't since, though my holes are still there. My MIL suggested I should for my own wedding, but it wasn't me.

No other piercings or tattoos. I tend to shy away from making permanent changes to my body.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 piercings. Standard lobe and upper lobe. I did the upper lobe because I love mixing and matching different earrings.

I had a helix piercing at one point but hated it so I let it close up shortly after it was pierced so there isn't much of a mark.

I've been debating whether or not I want a tattoo but as of right now, my mind is 80% against and 20% for. This number tends to fluctuate so for now, I highly doubt I'll be getting a tattoo any time soon.

Part of me knows I'll regret it because I don't like permanent anything on my body. With my piercings, I can remove the jewelry and there's only a faint impression of the hole left so that isn't so bad. But a whole tattoo, I wouldn't be able to remove obviously and that's scary to me.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother had my ears pierced when I was a baby. (At the doctors office. I wonder if any do that now? 😜) I’ve considered getting second holes put in because I have cute stud earrings but I look weird without some kind of hoop/drop earrings in. I wear small hoops every day whether I’m leaving the house or not.

I’ve considered small tattoos before but ultimately I haven’t bothered. My BFF has a bunch she got mostly in her early 20s. She says it was kind of a fad. She doesn’t regret them though. They fit her. That’s the kind of attitude you need towards permanent things like that.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I begged my mom to let me get my ears pierced when I was a kid. It took two years of pleading with her so no way would I go without earrings. I've worn earrings in both ears every day since I was 11 years old.
My mother would not agree to let me get mine pierced either. So when I was 16 and got a job, I stopped on the way home one day and had it done. I wear earrings at work, but not usually in the evenings or weekends.

No other piercing and no tattoos. I don't really like tattoos, and what happens if you get one but then decide later on that you really don't like it. Kinda stuck with it forever.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes! I have five lobe piercings and a helix piercing in each ear, a labret piercing and a deviated septum. I don't wear anything in the labret or septum as Corporate Japan did not approve.

:redtongue:

I have a daisy chain tattoo around one ankle, a goldfish on my lower abdomen and a Koi carp back piece that stretches from my shoulder to the top of my butt. The back piece is the best one, it was done by this guy.

GENKO tattoo studio

I'd love another tattoo, if I could afford one.