Question of the day - Thursday 5 March

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Ears, would have got my belly button pierced but found out after my ears were pierced
that I am allergic to all metals but 14K gold and up, cannot afford that. Would love a tat

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just one hole in each ear, and I don't even care about that any more. The only reason I wear earrings is I prefer that to looking at the empty holes.

I love how some tats look but I don't think I could get one myself. I don't do pain.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my ears done and did have my nose done years ago but I let that close because I kept losing nose studs. And I have three tattoos one on my back and one on each arm the top so they all can be covered if I need to.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my ears pierced and wear either small silver hoops or green amethyst drop earrings every day. I had my belly button pierced right after my son was born nearly 27 years ago; however, I have not worn one in 12 years. I have seven tattoos connected down my spine and one on my left foot. The ones on my spine start where my neck and back meet and end at my butt. The only one that hurt was the one on my foot, causing my tattoo artists to congratulate me on being human. He had done all my others and knew that the process did not bother me in the slightest. It actually kind of tickled. Of them all, only one is considered small, and even it is roughly 2" x 4". None are huge. I think the largest is roughly 6"(at its widest part) x 11".

Honestly, I would rather have another tattoo than another piercing because, to me, the piercing hurt so much more. That includes the pain I felt when he did my foot! It may be over a great deal quicker, but no thank you.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two piercings in each ear lobe and my belly button pierced...I have no idea why I still have the ring in my belly button though....there is NO chance that I'll ever where anything to show it off anymore! LOL! but I just can't seem to get rid of it....you never know...I may wake up one day with my well defined flat tummy again.;)
I have thought of getting a tattoo, but in all honesty I'm terrified of the pain, that it will be screwed up (probably because I sneeze or something ridiculous like that) or that I'll at some point not like it anymore....so I just never got one.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used to have my ears pierced, but have not worn earrings for years. My ears were pierced in seventhish grade, and in high school, I self pierced a second hole on each ear.

When I turned 18, I got my eye brow pierced, and at 20 got a second eyebrow piercing on the same brow.

Honestly, I would rather have another tattoo than another piercing because, to me, the piercing hurt so much more.
I've heard others say this same thing. I've never had a tattoo, but my eyebrow piercings both felt like a sharp pinch, like getting a shot. Wasn't bad at all, but everyone has different pain tolerances and different body parts have different pain sensitivities.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my ears pierced when I was 6 (I think) but I don't know if they are still pierced. I haven't worn earrings in years so it's possible that they closed up, but they never closed up in the past when I didn't wear earrings for years, so I'm not entirely sure. No tattoos, but I've been considering getting this one to represent my love of cats and my survival from depression: 652e78d75ccb3e5ff56ab784eef3ae00.jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my ears pierced when I was 6 (I think) but I don't know if they are still pierced. I haven't worn earrings in years so it's possible that they closed up, but they never closed up in the past when I didn't wear earrings for years, so I'm not entirely sure. No tattoos, but I've been considering getting this one to represent my love of cats and my survival from depression:View attachment 325106
That tattoo idea is amazingly cute! Love the two concepts combined!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard others say this same thing. I've never had a tattoo, but my eyebrow piercings both felt like a sharp pinch, like getting a shot. Wasn't bad at all, but everyone has different pain tolerances and different body parts have different pain sensitivities
(I forgot that I also had my cartilage on my left ear pierced. That was hellish. I used to wear a hoop, but it fell out and closed up.)

Yeah. I agree. Shots do not bother me, neither does having blood taken. I was 9 or so when I had my ears pierced, 18/19 when I had my belly button pierced, and 22-ish when I had my cartilage pierced. I remember the pain very clearly. They say that the spine is painful to tattoo, and my artist warned me before he started that it was going to hurt a great deal. He was surprised when it did not. It was mildly uncomfortable.

I admit that I have an unusually high pain tolerance in most circumstances. My pain tolerance has led to major injuries being overlooked, even by medical staff. For example, the leg injury that left me permanently disabled was originally diagnosed as a major sprain. After more tests were done, they saw how wrong they were. Even my physical therapist originally thought I was being a cry baby about my pain. He later apologized when he saw how bad it really was! That all goes along with pain bias in the medical field and how women are often misdiagnosed or overlooked when they complain about pain or symptoms to hospital staff and family doctors.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've had, at various times, my belly button, nose and tongue pierced. Now I only have my ears pierced and I wear the same sparkly studs all the time. My ears were pierced really low on the lobe so I can't wear anything big or heavy as it just looks like they're falling out all the time.

I have one tattoo on my right hip. I found that incredibly painful though lol!!

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No tattoos
each ear was pierced with 3 holes. My first ones at age 12 the rest in my 20’s but I only have my first holes, the others closed up.
I had my belly button pierced but it closed after I had to take out my ring due to pregnancy.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I begged my mom to let me get my ears pierced when I was a kid. It took two years of pleading with her so no way would I go without earrings. I've worn earrings in both ears every day since I was 11 years old.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my ears & belly button pierced. My belly button piercing kept catching on my clothing and bleeding, so I let it close up, but it left a scar. When they cut me open & stapled me back up after my stomach surgery in August, it went over my belly button piercing. It looks terrible. I hope it will fade!

No tattoos! I don't like them. No offense to those who do..