GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone ! :)

What items always seem to disappear in your home ? Eg. Socks, pens :confused:

In my house it’s cat toys & hair ties.
You shouldn’t be able to move in my house for the number of cat toys I’ve brought over the years. Yet, they all seem to vanish into some black hole somewhere, never to be seen again. Even some of the toys they had for Christmas have already disappeared. :rolleyes2:

Hair ties I’m always buying packs of them. Yet, I can never find one :gaah:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someday you'll move the fridge or the stove and find all the missing toys :D.

I can never find scissors when I want them. They don't go missing exactly, because they're always there when I don't need them, but they disappear when I need them. Dang scissors.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The channel changer. We have one for the tv and one for cable. (We also have a controller for the PS3 that I use to watch Netflix and Amazon.) The channel changer for the tv always gets lost! Once, I even through it away. I have no idea how, but that is where we found it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Barrettes, keys, socks and slippers. I have about 4 pair and I'm constantly misplacing them. A lot of the time I find other items under my Callie but when
your daughter is a part Maine Coon Calico who weighs about 20lbs, it's easy to find
a lot of things hidden underneath her girth.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Springs for the cats. They come 10 to the package, and I am now on my third package. After the first 10 disappeared, I checked under the couch, chair, stove, and refrigerator. Nada. I've found a couple in the basement that Mingo bounced down the stairs, but the others have gone to the kitties over the rainbow bridge.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hair ties are the number one thing that disappear in my apartment. Remy's toy mice are always under the fridge or the stove so I guess technically they disappear too.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kitchen things. My husband has a bad habit of putting things in the wrong drawers/cabinets when he unloads the dishwasher. Makes me nuts!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hairbands, pens and remote controls!

I quickly glanced at your response and thought, "Your husband is always disappearing??" :eek: Then I re-read it :lol:

I had a missing sock that I just found the other day. I know I put the dirty laundry on the bed to sort. Somehow one sock was missing its other half when it came out of the dryer:headscratch: I ended up finding it between the blankets on the bed :headscratch: No idea how it got between the blankets. The bed was made when I sorted the laundry.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Remote controls disappear regularly. But that's me. I think cats are responsible for the socks I find in strange places. I have also found them carrying important papers off! :censored: