Question of the day - Thursday 31st October

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Icy Ghost... which makes sense, since the thermometer down by the course in San Pedro Valley read 19 degrees this morning when the first guys showed up at 0500. My birdbath was frozen solid this morning... and my property is marginally warmer since it's high on a hill, cold air tends to settle in valleys like the one below my home. Good thing I covered my fruit trees with plastic last night, I'll have to do it again tonight because it's gonna get cold again. Overnight temps warm up a tad by tomorrow night, above freezing anyway, so my trees should be okay as long as they make it through this first cold snap. The leaves felt kinda "crispy frozen" this morning, hopefully they thawed out with no real damage.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's not a Halloween name, that's more like an old blues singer.
Howlin' Wolf was a blues singer outta Chicago... I still have a Howlin' Wolf cassette at home, along with cassettes of B.B. King, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker et al. Probably dating myself with the 'cassette' reference... hey, at least they're not 8-track tapes!!! I used to have some of THOSE as well, Lord knows where they are now, haven't seen 'em in years, LOL.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Howlin' Wolf was a blues singer outta Chicago... I still have a Howlin' Wolf cassette at home, along with cassettes of B.B. King, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker

I have Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters and Robert Johnson on vinyl. I love that old blues stuff.

:cool2: