Question Of The Day - Thursday 31 August

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess my k-cups. I don't think they're expensive, certainly not along the lines of Starbucks, but I get ragged about k-cups every time my Keurig box comes in the mail. I won't drink the rot-gut stuff here; I just won't.

My hair. I know it's an expense every month to get my roots touched-up. I'm not ready to go grey yet, so I spend the money. I used to do my own hair, but heavens, what a mess I made. It's easier to let the stylist do it.

As a rule, I try to buy quality products for my face and my hair. But I really do try to always keep some on hand to get me through til I find a good sale with coupons that I can use.
I agree about hair and face products. That's why I love Ulta. I've spent enough with them that I'm a platinum member through 2018. Next time I shop with them I have 1,000 points to use- $50 of free product! :hyper:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The two best things in my house are my Speed Queen washer and my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. They were expensive, but worth every dollar.

Concerning personal care, I buy good quality shoes, Clarks, Easy Spirit, Dansko, Sas. They are all expensive, but worth it to my feet. I try to find a style I like in the store and find out what size I need. Then sometimes, I can find them on E-bay. I used to always buy an 8 B, but now I sometimes I have to buy 8 1/2. I had my feet measured recently in the SAS store, and measure AA width for my left foot and B width for my right. I found the Sun Timer leather sandal, had to have 8 1/2 for the length. I bought the AA width because they were open and felt good on my feet.

I have my hair highlighted and lowlighted, 5 or 6 colors. Some of my grey shows through. The colors are light enough with the bleach (lowlights) that my growing process is very natural. I have not had it redone since April and still have enough color, my hair is not grey. It is usually about $98 when she does it, but that is for cut and style too.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I like what everyone mentioned. For me..

Speakers. I LOVE Music. Like I shrivel up and die without it. I have to have the best that I can find. Bose and Altec Lansing is what I buy. I have sensitivity to certain tones and cheap stereo speakers annoy the heck out of me.

Same thing with ear buds. They have to have the full base and treble sound. And sometimes they are expensive but oh the experience of music just takes me onto a different pane.

Other things: crackers=have to be Ritz. nothing else.
Clothes=undergarments need to be decent made-sometimes hit or miss with cheap brands but better luck with Macy's.
Socks. Only name brand merino wool. My feet have so many problems with them that traditional socks hurt. I like a medium cushion foot sock. They are not cheap. But I like having less pain and no wet feet in my shoes due to my thermostat running hotter than most peoples.
Laundry soap:eek:nly Tide. the rest just don't do the job. I don't care about fab softner. but the soap has to be good soap.
Body Soap-only Dove- everything else makes me itch.

Good boots..guess just about anything for me..oh tires too. no cheap tires.
Tools-I hate cheap tools.

Growing up my dad often bought cheap whatever and it always caused problems. So I have an aversion to cheap stuff.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I like what everyone mentioned. For me..
Tools-I hate cheap tools.

G
Cheap tools are the worst (except maybe for the cheap chinese pot metal screws that are included in some unassembled items...). It doesn't always have to be snap on (though I sure wish that I could afford it...), but tools below mid grade never work right and are just miserable to use..

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really splurge on my hair.. it is my major luxury. When I was working, I used to go every 5 weeks.. now, I usually stretch it out to 7 or 8 weeks.. yes, the grey roots show, but.. what can you do.. My hair grows like a weed.

Yes, I do use Redken products for my hair. I can get a quart size bottle refilled from my hairdresser at a reduced cost ~~ usually about every 8-9 months or once a year. My hair is getting drier as I age.

I do buy name brand paper towels, Bounty. I find they are the best around.

Laundry detergent used to be Tide, but for some reason, I found that I was getting some eczema from it.. so I switched to Arm & Hammer.. I like it and it is much less expensive. I get the unscented one with Oxi added.

Fabric softener has to be Downy.. forever.. but I am using less of it..

Food is usually name brand.. unless it is Trader Joe's.

Sneakers are New Balance. They fit me the best, and I know my size.

When I was working, it was Dansko Clogs. I still have them.

And when I buy wine, I have found that my tastes are changing also. I usually end up with a bottle which costs around $20 .. I can tell the difference. I splurge on my b-day and on Christmas with a $30 bottle.