Question Of The Day - Thursday 29 November

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

Do you have a favourite Christmas film ? :santa:

I have a few favourite Christmassy films. But, I guess if I have to pick just one I'm going for "Elf" :D

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In no particular order

Elf
Bad Santa
A Miracle on 34th st (both but the original a little better)
A Christmas Story
All the old school specials like The Year Without a Santa Claus, Santa Claus is Comin' to town, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, etc.

The best part from The Year Without a Santa Claus is THIS

The Heat Miser is my spirit animal :clap:

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love all the Rankin / Bass stories: Year without a Santa Claus, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and so on. Even after all these years, I still make a point to watch!

White Christmas is also my number 1 favorite. It has not been on TV for about 4 years now, very sad.

As some mentioned A Christmas Carol, I enjoy several of them. The one with Alastair Sim (1951) is classic! George C Scott (1984) is great, and the image of "Ignorance" and "Want" sitting under the robe of the Spirit of Christmas Present is one that sticks with me; Patrick Stewart (1999).

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love A Christmas Story best. White Christmas and Miracle on 34th St. are on the list. And of course it is not Christmas without A Charlie Brown Christmas

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Elf would have been my pick but I'm not big on Christmas movies. In our house, the first Harry Potter film qualifies as Christmas movies, so I'll go with that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another fan of Home Alone, also It's A Wonderful Life but looking forward to the Christmas line-up on TCM:
The Man Who Came to Dinner
Christmas in Connecticut
It Happened on 5th Avenue
The Shop Around the Corner

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It varies by the hour! :crackup: There are so many cute Christmas movies.
I also vote for Miracle on 34th, and It's A Wonderful Life. Makes you feel all good inside.
I thought Tim Allen's The Santa Clause was really cute.
A Christmas Story is a favorite, especially the part where Ralphie says " 'Oh.....fudge.' Only I didn't say fudge" and the part where Santa pushes him with his foot down the slide while saying the worlds most uninspired "HO. HO. HO." :flail: AND THAT LEG LAMP. "IT'S FRA-GEE-LAY!" :crackup: Gets me every time.
Home Alone (the original) was just so damn fun.
"I can't sleep with Fuller! He wets the bed. He'll pee all over me!!"
(later...)
"Fuller! Go easy on the Pepsi!" (Kid swigs down half a can, then gives Kevin this big, evil grin) :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We are old-fashioned. We watch the Grinch, A Christmas Story whether or not we feel like it...because we do it each year.

Personally I like watching the Dr. Who Christmas specials but that's not what the family wants so my husband and I will spend one night watching the past ones before all the visiting starts.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyck. Plus I love the romantic Hallmark Christmas movies they play every year.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Elf when it comes to feature films, but my favorite Hallmark Christmas movie is The Nine Lives of Christmas for obvious reasons. ;)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Die Hard.
I watch it every year just before Christmas.
Not exactly a Christmas movie, but it took place on Christmas eve and there was Christmas music in it.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- The Muppets Christmas Carol. I am sure this must sound strange but this is my favourite version - one of the best renditions. It's funny, catchy and much deeper than in the surface. Reminiscent during a time too where kids programming wasn't dumb down. Plus Michael Cain!

- The Nutcracker Prince. I loved it as a kid.

- The Santa Clause 1 and 2

- Merry Christmas Mr Bean

Have dabbled in some Hallmark ones here and there!