GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :D

What is something you have tried, but will never try again ? :oops: :nervous:

For me it is bungy jumping. :confused:
I have no idea why I decided to try it in the first place... For one thing, I hate heights. :fear:
I can't say I really enjoyed it & was happy when I got my feet back on the ground.
I'm glad that I did do it, but no way am I ever doing that again :agree:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Horseradish. Rose flavoring in food.

I had a world religion class where we had to taste a teaspoon of straight horseradish. I wasn't a fan before but that was just too much and the smell makes me gag. Flower scent foods in general just mess with my head because the smell overpowers the taste and it doesn't taste like food to me.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skiing. I tried it once about 20 years ago, and ended up going down the hill flat on my back. I couldn't stand up straight on the skis. This must be something you need to learn as a child. I've never had a problem ice skating, for instance, which I started as a teenager.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Snorkeling.
While I love the ocean and everything in it, I have found that I get a bit claustrophobic with the mask on. I can't relax and I start breathing weird - or at least, it feels weird.

Plenty of others but that one comes right to mind

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Roller coasters or anything involving height. If I were meant to be off the ground, I'd have wings.
Oysters. So nasty :headshake:
Living anywhere that gets snow in the winter :running:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roller coasters and spicy food. I don't see how anything so hot it burns your mouth to be enjoyable.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I smoked a cigarette once. I have no desire to do that again, though I don't mind if others smoke.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eggplant. Not going there. Ever, ever again.
Really? It is so good peeled, sliced thinly, breaded and fried until crisp like a chicken cutlet. YUM.My dad used to make eggplant parm but sliced it kinda thick and it got soggy from the sauce. Sliced thinly and fried until crisp is the way to go. I make it like that then serve a homemade roasted garlic tomato sauce (made in the crock pot) on the side for dipping so the eggplant stays crisp and it's so, so yummy.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Horse jumping. Riding is okay, but I had a horrible spill while trying jumping in my younger years and decided then and there it would remain a spectator sport for me

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sushi! 7 times is enough to know Ido not care for BAIT!
Yeah I don't like it either but my biggest issue with it is the nasty nori (seaweed) paper that they wrap it in. That stuff is so gross. It tastes like the smell of low tide. :cringe:

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I so agree with you kat 0121! Max will eat clams out of clam chowder but fish literally makes him gag, and being a cat, that shocked me. Melted cheese makes him gag too!!!
Years ago TAZ my first siamese would eat clams out of chowder but it caused him to get LARGE hollywood lips, he was allergic.